Thread: Vag-com
View Single Post
Old Jan 25th, 2012, 22:39   #13
artiedtke
Just one more thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by outnumbered View Post
yes that is all there is to it.a bit steep i no but not many people have the kit,if it was me i would buy the programme and have a bash yourself, then when you get rid of the car you can still sell the programme on, but just to make you aware that the activation code you get with VOLFCR is for that laptop. if you then want to transfer it say to another you have to deactivate it which gives you a code you then have to go to the supplier to get another activation code this stops copying.
mike
Yes a lot of things are like this now (I'm an IT professional).

I am very tempted to have a go myself.

Have you any pics of the pulley where the adjustment takes place (car is still at garage so cant peek).

Also what kind of cable are you interfacing to vol-fcr with ?? I have just edited the above post, would that vag-com cable work ??

I notice that there are various versions of vol-fcr too, one for FTDI chip, one for serial and one for VAG-COM cable, what is the difference between the FTDI and VAG-COM one, AFAIK the link to the vag-com cable above is an FTDI chip based one ?

Also when you buy a copy do you get all 3 or do you have to choose one specific one ?

'98 V40 2.0T B4204T - died...
'96 855 2.5 TDI D5252T - 255,000 miles
"Diesel without turbo is like a woman without boobs... sure you can drive it, but there's always something missing."

Last edited by artiedtke; Jan 25th, 2012 at 22:41.
artiedtke is offline   Reply With Quote