Thread: Petrol prices
View Single Post
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 13:49   #16
friedfrog
Global Warmer

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues60
My wife and I had to go into London 3 times last month and had to travel up in during rush hour. We drove to Gatwick and had to get the train to Victoria and then the tube to Tooting. The total return cost for the rail and tube was £50 for the two of us!
Funnily enough we only did that the first time and drove the 93 miles there and back the following two times. My wifes Focus does about 35-40mpg has comfy seats, air conditioning and a stereo and nil chance of a loony getting in and sitting next to me! The trip took two thirds the time of the train journey and the car parking cost us £5 each time so theres no way those two trips came to £100. And the government wonder why people drive their cars.

Here here, Thats a fantastic point well put. The price of public transport is stupid. I live in a rural location and only have the chance of catching 3 buses a day excluding Sunday. If my wife, 3 kids and I catch the bus 10 miles in to town the return journey costs a whopping £13.20 I can do the same journey in my S70 for about £4 and I can stay out after 5 o,clock to boot. To be honest I don't know the price per litre in town but whatever it is if I want some type of life, living ruraly I definately have to pay it.

Friedfrog.
friedfrog is offline   Reply With Quote