Thread: Vag-com
View Single Post
Old Jan 25th, 2012, 22:26   #11
artiedtke
Just one more thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by outnumbered View Post
, there are two tensioners on the belt, the bottom one is used for the adjustment. slacken of the nut but not too lose so that you can move the pulley backwards and forwards with the allen key in the slot, with the engine running and up to the test specs adjust the bottom pulley backwards or forwards and watch the pump timing degrees move on VOLFCR 1.7.2 when you have it to the correct setting switch off and then tighten the pulley nut.
is that all there is to it ???

how come places want nearly £120 then, if it only sounds like a 5 minute job ???

I am consemplating having it done for me if i can find somewhere, or buying a copy of vol-fcr and doing it myself with a usb VAG-COM cable ? At least then I can do it again if need be.

I've heard reports that this cable works with vol-fcr ??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3303996960...84.m1438.l2649

Quote:
Originally Posted by outnumbered View Post
it is do able without VOLFCR but it can take ages or not at all, its fine tuning the belt tension so that its within the peramiters that it should be, remember that if you try and do it without the test kit if you lose the setting the car may not start.
mike
Yes i understand this.

'98 V40 2.0T B4204T - died...
'96 855 2.5 TDI D5252T - 255,000 miles
"Diesel without turbo is like a woman without boobs... sure you can drive it, but there's always something missing."

Last edited by artiedtke; Jan 25th, 2012 at 22:35.
artiedtke is offline   Reply With Quote