View Single Post
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 13:01   #33
TruckbusUK
Petrolhead+Lots of Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerbeg View Post
Hi all,
for what it's worth I will give you a heads up on where I am with a similar problem. I've got a 2008 XC90 with a DVD player in the centre console with two fixed headrest LCD monitors. I don't know if the system was factory fitted or done by the previous owner. The headphones are very shabby and one set don't work. There is no branding on the headphones and the only info I can find on them is the following code in the battery compartment; IRDX18K909-AA.
They have no A/B switch or tuning dial so I'm going to assume that they are Infra-red rather than radio frequency headphones. I've ordered a set of IR headphones on eBay (very cheap) and see if they work. My point is that if there are centre console systems out there that are using Infra-red wireless headphones rather than radio frequency headphones then trying to look for transmitters or tuning headphones will just drive you crazy and never work.
Why dont you buy the Volvo IR ones (new or used)? usually some on e-bay ... save messing about ... I got an extra set (used) when we first got the car, on e-bay for less than £20, there is never lots, but the do turn up fairly frequently.

Hope it helps
TruckbusUK is offline   Reply With Quote