View Single Post
Old Mar 25th, 2006, 17:52   #2
nille

Default Ceaning and lubrication could help

I have just fixed a problem with a sticky door opener. I know that you are talking about the locks, however driven by the joy of fixing the first (driver's) door, I continued with the remaining three doors, and made some discoveries. First take the lock out from the door and clean it. There isn't much space but apart from that it is easy. I use Brakes and Parts cleaner. Now click the door locking mechanism into the 'closed' position. Inside the locking mechanism, you'll see a small lever (horisontal, about 1.5 cm long and round, which is pushed upwards when you activate/pull the door opening lever. Pull the door opener lever to see it meet and lift the 1.5 cm lever upwards to open the door. Once you let go of the door opener lever, the 1.5 cm lever must fall down to horisontal position by ot self. If it doesn't, the door opening and/or the locking will be sticky. In many cases the 1.5 cm lever over time gets turned as little bit upwards, which causes friction between it and the door locking mechanism, so with a screw driver, you can carefully press it downwards until horisontal again. Once you have dnoe this (or maybe the cleaning was enough) you spray the enitre mechanism with WD 40 and move as many parts as you can to ensure that it gets well into all connections. Good Luck, I hope that'll do it. Let me know if you need some pics and I'll go make some.