Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   PV, 120, 1800 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   B Reg Amazon - spares or repair (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=73467)

emmdee May 31st, 2009 12:15

B Reg Amazon - spares or repair

A friend of mine has a B reg Amazon saloon that he would like to get rid of. I only found out yesterday that he had it, in fact. The bodywork is pretty poor and he told me that although it doesn't run it has a good engine and a small amount of work would have it running again. It was last taxed in 2000. I don't know if it's a repair job or cannibalise, to be honest.

I don't know anything about Amazons generally or this car in particular. I don't have photos as I just dropped past the bloke's house yesterday to pick something up. I told him I'd put feelers out through the forum and see if there's any interest. He's had a recent health scare so I'd prefer any contact to come through me in the first instance. I'll put any serious enquirers in touch with him, though.

The car is in Fife and it would have to trailered. I have no idea what it's worth or how much the owner would take for it. Nevertheless, it would be a shame to see it go to the crusher.

Anyone interested, please p.m. me. I'll not be able to reply before tomorrow as I'm working this afternoon.

m.d.

ALLOA Jun 3rd, 2009 06:59

Hi

I would be interested in having a look at the car. I'm in Alloa

Cheers

Scott

kishor kassie Jun 5th, 2009 19:58

Amazon

:thumbs_up: Hi. May I have some photos of this Volvo please. My e-mail is kassiemotors@yahoo.com
Thanks from kassie :thumbs_up: 078 2887 9494

Quote:

Originally Posted by emmdee (Post 511797)
A friend of mine has a B reg Amazon saloon that he would like to get rid of. I only found out yesterday that he had it, in fact. The bodywork is pretty poor and he told me that although it doesn't run it has a good engine and a small amount of work would have it running again. It was last taxed in 2000. I don't know if it's a repair job or cannibalise, to be honest.

I don't know anything about Amazons generally or this car in particular. I don't have photos as I just dropped past the bloke's house yesterday to pick something up. I told him I'd put feelers out through the forum and see if there's any interest. He's had a recent health scare so I'd prefer any contact to come through me in the first instance. I'll put any serious enquirers in touch with him, though.

The car is in Fife and it would have to trailered. I have no idea what it's worth or how much the owner would take for it. Nevertheless, it would be a shame to see it go to the crusher.

Anyone interested, please p.m. me. I'll not be able to reply before tomorrow as I'm working this afternoon.

m.d.

gherkin Jun 12th, 2009 23:41

Hi

Is your friend willing to break for parts?

gherkin Jun 13th, 2009 00:06

ps could you give me a buzz re: parts?

Nick 07768 890904
cheers