Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   200 Series Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   '77 240 Choke Cable (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=289757)

joecowan27 Dec 17th, 2018 10:41

'77 240 Choke Cable

If any one has a choke cable or know where i could get one from please let me know. Its for a 77 244 with Stromberg CD175, im realy struggling to get hold of one atm. Cheers

Clan Dec 17th, 2018 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by joecowan27 (Post 2476656)
If any one has a choke cable or know where i could get one from please let me know. Its for a 77 244 with Stromberg CD175, im realy struggling to get hold of one atm. Cheers

Have you tried the volvo dealer?

joecowan27 Dec 17th, 2018 21:53

yeh but they only sell the outer and inner separately to the handle. i was looking for an assembly preferably

Clan Dec 17th, 2018 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by joecowan27 (Post 2476908)
yeh but they only sell the outer and inner separately to the handle. i was looking for an assembly preferably

don't forget the white grommet where it goes through the bulkhead it secures the outer cable solid . You could get them both and slide them together no doubt ..

joecowan27 Dec 18th, 2018 14:41

2 Attachment(s)
i still have the original that came out with it but was going to replace it anway. I think im gona have to get the inner and outer from volvo at this rate.

i dont realy want to cut the copper to remove the outer cable but theres no other way i can see. the inner cable looks to pushed into the handle then punched to make a flat spot to hold it in place. not sure how to remove that either.

Clan Dec 18th, 2018 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by joecowan27 (Post 2477077)
i still have the original that came out with it but was going to replace it anway. I think im gona have to get the inner and outer from volvo at this rate.

i dont realy want to cut the copper to remove the outer cable but theres no other way i can see. the inner cable looks to pushed into the handle then punched to make a flat spot to hold it in place. not sure how to remove that either.

so you are trying to fit a new general purpose outer and inner cable … tes that crimping in the handle may be difficult to remove and undo .. the outer is also heavy duty , a bit bigger than the general bicycle brake cable you can get ..what's wrong with it anyway?

joecowan27 Dec 19th, 2018 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2477080)
so you are trying to fit a new general purpose outer and inner cable … tes that crimping in the handle may be difficult to remove and undo .. the outer is also heavy duty , a bit bigger than the general bicycle brake cable you can get ..what's wrong with it anyway?

No im was going to get the original inner and outer from volvo. they only sell them sepretly to i would have to cut/ decrimp the copper pipe in the handle to replace.

the reason im replacing it it that the inner cable snapped at the carb end and wont reach any more. also about two to three inches the rubber on the outer has stripped away at that end aswell so was gona replace that just to tidy things up.

this is why i was trying to find a full assembly instead as its much easier