Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Front Parking Sensors (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=264728)

S60Chris Mar 9th, 2017 19:13

Front Parking Sensors

So my wife mentions that the front parking sensors aren't working on her car...

I get in it this evening and look through the menus for settings, find nothing.

Get out and actually look at the front of the thing... Nooope! Not present!

Checked the order form, not mentioned on there either...

Checked the configurator online, not an option.... Unless you choose the pack that includes the stupid self parking thing for £650 it seems! D'oh!

Very glad we got the 360 camera now... though surprised they weren't available as a standalone option when ordering, unless i've missed something!

GBR1 Mar 9th, 2017 21:44

I had the same when ordering a V90, you have to have one of the packs I think which I didn't want. So I ended up getting the souround camera instead, which amazingly doesn't include front sensors, but to get the soround view you have to have BLIS................

Very strange!

familymangreg Mar 10th, 2017 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by S60Chris (Post 2245850)
So my wife mentions that the front parking sensors aren't working on her car...

I get in it this evening and look through the menus for settings, find nothing.

Get out and actually look at the front of the thing... Nooope! Not present!

Checked the order form, not mentioned on there either...

Checked the configurator online, not an option.... Unless you choose the pack that includes the stupid self parking thing for £650 it seems! D'oh!

Very glad we got the 360 camera now... though surprised they weren't available as a standalone option when ordering, unless i've missed something!

Yes, i've always thought This is a bit daft, one of the largest cars on the road doesn't come with front and rear parking sensors as standar! Many smaller and cheaper cars to!

: WQ

Quacker Mar 10th, 2017 09:41

I have front and rear parking sensors on mine and have had cars over the years with only ones on the back and some with none at all. While I do find rear ones useful on bigger cars, not so much the front ones. I have a Land Cruiser Amazon, which is about the same size as the Volvo but looks bigger, with only two rear sensors that are almost essential on it, but never miss front ones.

Yes, it is odd that some versions of XC90 in 2016 did not have front ones, but I honestly wouldn't miss them. For some reason I find front facing cameras far more useful. Don't ask me why, because I don't know, but I can and do live without cameras on some cars as well. It may be a feeling of being 'naked' and vulnerable without some kind of protection apart from my own eyes. Or it may be the feeling that these things should be fitted, just because they can be? Not sure.

jmot Mar 10th, 2017 10:31

yes its bloody stupid a car this size only has them standard at rear.

S60Chris Mar 10th, 2017 11:42

Anyone know if fronts are a dealer fit accessory?

John Laidlaw Mar 10th, 2017 14:27

They've corrected that on the new MY18 cars- front parking sensors standard accross the range...

spriteobey Mar 10th, 2017 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by S60Chris (Post 2245850)

Incredible. I knew i picked that option for a reason!

S60Chris Mar 10th, 2017 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by spriteobey (Post 2246297)
Incredible. I knew i picked that option for a reason!

Haha!! Do you use the self parking thing at all or was it just a novelty? Does it work?

I'm kicking myself I missed this to be honest...!! Still loving the car though.

jmot Mar 10th, 2017 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by S60Chris (Post 2246301)
Haha!! Do you use the self parking thing at all or was it just a novelty? Does it work?

I'm kicking myself I missed this to be honest...!! Still loving the car though.

just more electrics to go wrong ;)