Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   DAB radio , No signal and other things. (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=245931)

zony Mar 2nd, 2016 22:09

DAB radio , No signal and other things.

Hi

New to this forum, as I have just bought a 2010 D5 R Design 2.4 eDrive Prem.

Loving the car, dealer 94 miles away so not looking forward to too many trips to get issues sorted, but three things are bugging me.

a, DAB radio No signal showing on screen.
b, Sat Nav needs mapping upgraded. How do I go about this.
c, Daytime running light on passenger side out. Dealer posting one out.

Will post a few pictures once I get them off the iPhone.

Thanks for your time.

wimorrison Mar 3rd, 2016 07:32

You may have to set up the DAB for your area, unfortunately I can't recall how you do it on your variant but I do recall something about Ensemble Learn has to be undertaken.

On the point of the DRL, do you mean the dipped beaam headlight which is the DRL in your car or the LED parking light? If it is the LED then it is probably the orange side marker light in the left of the main headlight unit that has blown - it is wired in series with the LED to drop the voltage and it blows a lot. Compare the left hand side with the right carefully and you will see the orange light on the right which may have failed on the left.

On a 2010 there are 2 satnav types, if you have a 'cd player' in the boot you can buy discs for £25 from the web, if you don't then you need to buy from Volvo and they aren't £25 :(

Harvey1512 Mar 3rd, 2016 09:22

WM is right regarding DAB. Also, try re-tuning as you move to different areas. Sometimes it needs to latch onto a signal and then once it has it you are okay.

GMcL Mar 3rd, 2016 11:38

Do you have a powerpoint in the boot and is anything plugged in?
Rear view cameras for example can create noise which blocks out DAB signal.

zony Mar 9th, 2016 22:59

Thanks for all your comments. I have bought a 2013 update B disc off ebay to try in my 'DVD' player in the boot. Still wtg for the LED light from dealer "Thimble End" and DAB radio issue still outstanding. I have a DAB 1 and DAB 2 square in the top screen between AUX and USB when pressing the MODE button. Press the scan button when on DAB1, Antenna 1 but after a 5 minute scan it just says No reception. Going to my nearest dealer next week on Anglesey to get it checked out. Anglesey hosts a huge transmitter mast so hoping to pick up something.

zony Apr 23rd, 2016 17:04

Finally managed to book the car in for a diagnosis of the DAB radio problem. Turns out for some reason it was tuning into (Africa!). No wonder I was getting no reception. One dab software patch, a deletion of Africa and it is fixed. £65 later but I can now get 6 Music even in the Welsh mountains. Just the oil leak to sort out now.

The guys at Volvo Anglesey say they have never seen that problem before.

GMcL Apr 23rd, 2016 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by zony (Post 2099417)
Turns out for some reason it was tuning into (Africa!). No wonder I was getting no reception. One dab software patch, a deletion of Africa and it is fixed. £65 later but I can now get 6 Music even in the Welsh mountains.

Thanks for that, I now know what I am asking for at the next service. My car is a UK car which has been exported, I need a DAB patch for Europe.