Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   200 Series Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Looking for wind deflectors & blinds (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=204242)

timoleon Apr 28th, 2014 18:38

Looking for wind deflectors & blinds

I would love some wind deflectors & blinds for my 240 GLT & my 940 SE Turbo estate cars.

Had some before on my previous 940 & they looked fantastic & blinds were very useful for travelling purposes esp with mutts in tow.

Did they make blinds for the 240 series? As I had them only on a 940 I do not know.. If not can 940 ones be fitted to 240?

wrinkles Apr 28th, 2014 18:57

How did you get the deflectors to fit on your 940 I have some but when on I cant winde the windows up they are made by heco and are supposed to fit in the window channel but there aint room for them and the glass.

timoleon Apr 28th, 2014 21:52

I don't know what you have got there, maybe someone who knows can identify if they are the same as Volvo ones. The Wind deflectors on mine were fitted by Volvo from new. They were an option for Wentworth SE ect..

My have an inner and outer part I also still have the instructions but that may not help you as they are different. Just let me know if yours look like these they may be useful.

I will post some of the literature;

These are what I am after, nothing else.

As for the roll blinds, I cannot find them in any of my catalogues? I also do not have the original part numbers unfortunately but I am sure they were also an option, just not in the styling catalogues I have.

timoleon Apr 28th, 2014 21:55

5 Attachment(s)
photos of blinds & deflectors attached to my car

wrinkles Apr 28th, 2014 22:04

Those are different to the ones I have mine are after market you will have to go to a main dealer and try there.

timoleon Apr 28th, 2014 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrinkles (Post 1634998)
Those are different to the ones I have mine are after market you will have to go to a main dealer and try there.

I doubt they still do them, i can but try. Hopefully someone on here will have a set of unfitted ones or removed & stowed away. The 240 ones I have seen look different than the 940 ones too & I want a set for each.

timoleon Apr 28th, 2014 23:25

hmmm looking through my old paperwork it says 740/760 on the literature?

perhaps my old window deflectors were not correct ones for 940 then!

timoleon Apr 28th, 2014 23:35

5 Attachment(s)
deflector install sheets etc

timoleon May 1st, 2014 01:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by timoleon (Post 1635093)
deflector install sheets etc

Phoned Volvo today. Asides from wasting 45 minutes of my life being told they cannot tell me part number for the slave (clutch) cylinder on my car, then realising they are obselete now so the can tell me the part number, then gets the part number wrong anyway???? does go on to give me the great & highly unexpected news that deflectors & sun blinds are obsolete for both 240 & all 940 models now.

I have also been offered two sets of non Volvo deflectors.

+ a ****ty bonnet when I am after a good one.

timoleon May 1st, 2014 01:19

so i don't know how to change the original post if someone can then thanks.

But it is original Volvo parts only I would buy. Ta