Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   PV, 120, 1800 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Volvo P1800s For Sale (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=157817)

Simonjbf Jul 14th, 2012 16:07

Volvo P1800s For Sale

Hi there, I have a P1800s 1966 model for sale, on the Isle of Wight, the car has had two owners both from the Isle of Wight. I am the second owner and have had the car for 21 years,

1966 model for sale in Volvo Grey.

The car has been professionally resprayed in Volvo Grey.

The interior has had £2000 spent on it.

Please take a look at the photos on the website that my friend has set up to view the photos.

http://volvop1800forsale.com/

popuptoaster Jul 14th, 2012 17:12

No price on that website, only costs?

Bit of a major omission for a website designed to sell something?

Tom7 Jul 14th, 2012 18:39

What a beautiful car in my favorite colour for these.

Simonjbf Jul 14th, 2012 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by popuptoaster (Post 1207000)
No price on that website, only costs?

Bit of a major omission for a website designed to sell something?

Not a major omission at all thank you. I didnt say it gave price details I think you will find if you read my post I said the website was set up to view the photos. If anyone wants any information on price then they can PM me..or as it says on the website call for further details.

popuptoaster Jul 14th, 2012 19:19

Cuts down your market, a lot of people won't follow up a car ad without a price on it and its a buyers market in these hard pressed times.

Your choice though I guess.

Simonjbf Jul 14th, 2012 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by popuptoaster (Post 1207073)
Cuts down your market, a lot of people won't follow up a car ad without a price on it and its a buyers market in these hard pressed times.

Your choice though I guess.

I will consider adding that to the site.. its just been set up for photos for people to see rather than emailing them out to interested parties etc. but thank you for your comments..I am new to this forum so helpful comments welcome..

Simonjbf Jul 14th, 2012 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simonjbf (Post 1206964)
Hi there, I have a P1800s 1966 model for sale, on the Isle of Wight, the car has had two owners both from the Isle of Wight. I am the second owner and have had the car for 21 years,

1966 model for sale in Volvo Grey.

The car has been professionally resprayed in Volvo Grey.

The interior has had £2000 spent on it.

Please take a look at the photos on the website that my friend has set up to view the photos.

http://volvop1800forsale.com/

I cannot seem to edit my original post I have some further information to add.. The car has really been well looked after, has had alot of time and money spent on it over the 21 years I have had it. The engine has fully rebuilt, resprayed as I said and has been kept garaged throughout the time I have had it.

The guide price is £8000..

Please Private message me if you would like any further information. Thanks

tdz840 Jul 15th, 2012 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simonjbf (Post 1207124)
I cannot seem to edit my original post I have some further information to add.. The car has really been well looked after, has had alot of time and money spent on it over the 21 years I have had it. The engine has fully rebuilt, resprayed as I said and has been kept garaged throughout the time I have had it.

The guide price is £8000..

Please Private message me if you would like any further information. Thanks

Looks a nice car and at that price undervalued I would say.
One suggestion, you say it has had £2K spent on the interior, the engine rebuilt and the whole car had £5K spent on it. Perhaps more detailed pics of the engine bay/interior, plus shots down the flanks and underneath?
The petrol cap seems a bit wonky is that the picture angle or does it need realigning?
Again nice colour and interior combination.
Russ

Simonjbf Jul 21st, 2012 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdz840 (Post 1207648)
Looks a nice car and at that price undervalued I would say.
One suggestion, you say it has had £2K spent on the interior, the engine rebuilt and the whole car had £5K spent on it. Perhaps more detailed pics of the engine bay/interior, plus shots down the flanks and underneath?
The petrol cap seems a bit wonky is that the picture angle or does it need realigning?
Again nice colour and interior combination.
Russ

Many thanks for your message. really appreciate your comments... Especially re the valuation that's very helpful. Yes your right am waiting for some more photos to be uploaded of the interior as your right about that. Petrol cap is all fine it's just the angle the photo is take on..

123GT-AMAZON Jul 21st, 2012 11:00

site functions very limited tabs that are there dont work , pictures need to be done in right light to see car in all its glory ( would get light right so it reflects off car nicley maybe a sunny day ).

car looks better than the website :) a good attempt tho needs to be clean pro and functional if you going down website avenue .......

i would have done a post and attcahed images here myself with a write up as 9/10 times anyone buying a p1800 will be on here anyways so ,but thats just my opinion i hope its a constructive help as i read above it seems harsh but life is harsh :)

good luck with sale of car she looks like a fire cracker good example !!