Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=170)
-   -   Odd spec S80 V8 on Autotrader (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=319361)

NickP Aug 20th, 2021 13:36

Odd spec S80 V8 on Autotrader

It's got Xenons and 18" diamond cut Fortunas. So far so good.

But... it's missing 4C, nav, dynaudio, cooled leather, sunroof and even proper, built-in bluetooth.

I don't get how someone could order a nice big comfortable cruiser like an S80 V8, missing ALL of those things?

Advert link - https://bit.ly/2W37REf

I guess if you wanted to use nav on your phone, maybe upgrade the speakers and add an amp, upgrade the suspension and wasn't bothered about a sunroof, it could be quite a good base. It looks in decent condition and is on good Pirelli tyres. Price is OK I guess - it's just a bit hard to guage considering the missing kit compared to what they normally have.

RichDS60 Aug 21st, 2021 11:05

It’s a nice motor, I’ve been looking at it for a while. It was up for £6995 at first and got reduced quite quickly.
Is it because it’s an early car it doesn’t have all the options?
Might be a little less costly to run without the likes of 4C

NickP Aug 21st, 2021 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichDS60 (Post 2764136)
It’s a nice motor, I’ve been looking at it for a while. It was up for £6995 at first and got reduced quite quickly.
Is it because it’s an early car it doesn’t have all the options?
Might be a little less costly to run without the likes of 4C

Actually the 56 plate Volvo owned cars are generally good spec from what I've seen. Mine is a 56 and has all the bits I pointed out as missing on this one. 4C all around on mine was actually less than £700 for the parts for all four corners. Only one corner needed doing, but I did the rest just to refresh it while there was good pricing on the shocks at Autodoc. I like 4C TBH. I'm glad I got one with it.

As a guide, I paid £6150 for mine in June 2018, with a smidge under 70k miles, full Volvo history, facelift grille, facelift LED rear lights, OEM option gloss black Fortunas and Heico stainless exhaust system.

ferg55 Aug 22nd, 2021 00:24

Hi Nick, it's because it an SE Lux rather than an SE Sport - only the latter getting the 4C and vented/cooled seats as standard, optional on the Lux. The Sport however lacked the bi-xenons and lots of other kit, so had to be optioned-up to feel more premium. The rest of the items you list were an option on either variant. I have an SE Lux with the 4C option and wouldn't be without it. The horror stories of replacement shock prices are a bit less scary now they are on the aftermarket at around £200 per corner.

Bonefishblues Aug 22nd, 2021 08:22

Where's the current best-priced place for 4C struts out of interest?

NickP Aug 22nd, 2021 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonefishblues (Post 2764377)
Where's the current best-priced place for 4C struts out of interest?

I got one brand new and boxed fom eBay randomly for £100 and then the other three for a bit under £200 each from Autodoc. With Autodoc the price bounces around a little but regularly comes down. You get a slight extra discount for ordering via their app. I found them to be good to deal with and very well packaged. Also ordered Meyle HD LCAs from them.

Bonefishblues Aug 22nd, 2021 23:00

I've used autodoc quite often, but not since Brexit. Do you know what the duty & customs arrangements are?

NickP Aug 22nd, 2021 23:53

Sorry, I haven't yet ordered from them since Brexit. I ordered my suspension parts in December, specifically to get them before Brexit.

Bullydog Aug 30th, 2021 19:43

I believe autodoc are UK vat registered so there is nothing more to pay. Also with rockauto in the USA. Rock auto are as fast but you have to do the research to make sure you get the right parts. I got a nice Gates cambelt kit complete with water pump from Rockauto £180 all in,that was for my Lexus.

Bonefishblues Aug 30th, 2021 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullydog (Post 2766696)
I believe autodoc are UK vat registered so there is nothing more to pay. Also with rockauto in the USA. Rock auto are as fast but you have to do the research to make sure you get the right parts. I got a nice Gates cambelt kit complete with water pump from Rockauto £180 all in,that was for my Lexus.

Helpful, thanks. Never heard of the latter so I'll check them out.