Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Remote Start not working (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=320672)

Lennyboybruce Oct 16th, 2021 17:18

Remote Start not working

Sorry if I have overlooked any threads that may have already mentioned this, but I don't seem to be able to remote start my 2020 XC60 B5 via the latest VOC app, it now just throws up an error, is this a known issue or just me?

Thx

OldEngineer Oct 16th, 2021 17:59

Are you trying to do this while it's plugged in?

nu11eaf Oct 16th, 2021 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lennyboybruce (Post 2777851)
Sorry if I have overlooked any threads that may have already mentioned this, but I don't seem to be able to remote start my 2020 XC60 B5 via the latest VOC app, it now just throws up an error, is this a known issue or just me?

Thx

I have just done a remote start on my car and it worked fine, so system/VOC app are working ok.
Try unlocking and re-locking your car, if you have already done two remote starts it will not do a further start until you have manually unlocked and started the car. Car also needs to be locked.

Chudy85 Oct 16th, 2021 21:19

My v90 start remotely on 5sec. No problem here

Lennyboybruce Oct 17th, 2021 15:51

Thanks for everyone's input, a simple log out, log in of the app seemed to sort the issue out. :speechless-smiley-4

NathanJT Nov 8th, 2021 14:01

Sorry to resurrect this but I have a similar issue and as yet I've been unable to find a solution.

My car went past it's 3 year aniversary at the end of september and a week prior I added a subscription to continue the remote services on the car. However like you I simply cannot remote start the car. I can do everything else including remote unlock etc, it just gives the "something went wrong" error after 5 minutes or so when trying to start it.

I've been in touch with Volvo CS and got the wonderfully generic response of "It's a software issue we're working on". Great!

Any other ideas?

nu11eaf Nov 8th, 2021 17:53

Try uninstalling the VOC app and reinstalling it, remember the app is now called "Volvo cars" on the app store.

NathanJT Nov 9th, 2021 12:52

Unfortunately a re-install didn't fix it either. I've also just noticed that my driving journal updates stopped on the day of my original subscription expiry. The app also thinks my car is at home (when it's sat here at my office).

I've also just tried to double check the unlocking and this now also fails to work. I get the "Pull the handle on the boot... etc" message, but the car refuses to unlock.

The app claims the subscription is valid, but it seems that I have Volvo's new service, Not on Call!

Have once again tried Volvo CS.

Chudy85 Nov 11th, 2021 11:53

I will try to deregister (unpair) car in Volvo app, change email address on Volvo account if you have another one then pair it back and check it that way, but before you have to contact your dealership to provide PIN for your car if you haven't one, because without this pin you cant pair car back into app.
When did you have your last software updated ?

sdrennan Nov 23rd, 2021 09:43

Very similar issues that I only noticed recently

Remote Start worked previously but had not used during the Summer
App has been updated
Lock/Unlock and Journal work fine

App only has option for 30 Minutes with other options Greyed out.
When I click START I immediately get "Could not start your Volvo" message

My phone has also recently been fully rebuilt and it is still the same