Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Keyless drive (PCC) (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=92926)

Teejay1 Apr 9th, 2010 13:24

Keyless drive (PCC)

Has any one specced this, I know that on the new MY2011 it no longer has the heartbeat sensor but as a whole is the system intuitive or a pain in the backside?

I'm considering specifying the security pack but would appreciate thoughts on the PCC keyless drive experience.

ta

tem Apr 9th, 2010 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teejay1 (Post 649436)
Has any one specced this, I know that on the new MY2011 it no longer has the heartbeat sensor but as a whole is the system intuitive or a pain in the backside?

I'm considering specifying the security pack but would appreciate thoughts on the PCC keyless drive experience.

ta

No problems.
I never take the key out of my pocket.

There is a parking slot on the dash, should you wish to use it.

tem.

adambsmith Apr 9th, 2010 14:20

It's fine. Sometimes I use the slot in the dash to save having the fob in my pocket.

It works well - far better than the one we have on our Mini which seems to work only 8 times out of 10. Plus the Mini opens and closes the window a bit alledgedly to check if the key is in or out of the car! :thumbs_down:

mu71rd Apr 9th, 2010 15:14

i've specced it but not got the car yet. funnily enough it's one of the things i'm most looking forward to. (possibly because it's a gadget!)

but i am already finding myself getting into my current car only to realise i've left my keys in my pocket. quite annoying.

Teejay1 Apr 9th, 2010 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by mu71rd (Post 649487)
i've specced it but not got the car yet. funnily enough it's one of the things i'm most looking forward to. (possibly because it's a gadget!)

but i am already finding myself getting into my current car only to realise i've left my keys in my pocket. quite annoying.

I drove the XC60 for only several hours when I got back into my own car I tried ever so many times to hit the non-existent 6th gear!! I've almost got the spec and price I wanted I think. It will be a D3 though can't afford the D5.

adambsmith Apr 9th, 2010 15:51

Both of our cars (XC60 and the Mini) have keyless drive.

However, my wife is taking delivery of a new Audi A3 next month and there is no option of keyless entry/drive - that will take some getting used to! She loves not having to get her keys out of the depths of her handbag!

NewVolvo Apr 9th, 2010 17:03

I specced this on my XC60. Great to have, but in all honesty a gimmick.

ColinH Apr 9th, 2010 20:53

Well maybe, but I don't regard it as a gimmick at all.
The fact that you don't have to use the key to either open or lock the car is great for me as I use a cane.
The only time I ever touch the key, was during the hot weather when I wanted to open all the windows remotely from the house, prior to getting in!

Colin

XC60nick Apr 10th, 2010 00:14

I'd never trust that the car was locked, what is to stop the car from unlocking if the key is within range? Say on the table in the hall and only 5metres from the car on the driveway? Could someone get in and start the car?

Teejay1 Apr 10th, 2010 00:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by XC60nick (Post 649794)
I'd never trust that the car was locked, what is to stop the car from unlocking if the key is within range? Say on the table in the hall and only 5metres from the car on the driveway? Could someone get in and start the car?

According to the manual:
PCC range In order to open a door or the tailgate, a PCC must be no more than approx. 1.5 metres from the car door handle or tailgate. This means that the person who wishes to lock or unlock a door must have the PCC with him or her. It is not possible to lock or unlock a door if the PCC is on the opposite side of the car.