Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Wayland Reading (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=318689)

lordofthejungle Jul 26th, 2021 13:46

Wayland Reading

1 Attachment(s)
I posted a measured but negative feedback on Wayland Reading and the comms issue in booking my service in. I made enquiries around and Maindenhead was quick to respond. However, Wayland called today and sent the attached note to rectify their position. I am glad about it as I do not believe in one strike off! Booked my service in and will put a correction to my original post regardless of the actual service done as I think the call/note met my expectations.

ergonomist Jul 26th, 2021 14:05

I've used Waylands for some time - mainly for convenience. They're not perfect (unlike me :regular_smile:) - but they do listen and improve. I've had a couple of instances where I've been slightly disappointed by an aspect of their service, but on each occasion, when I raised it with them they've listened and responded constructively - changing their processes to avoid a repeat. For me that's worth a lot.

Nippy Jul 26th, 2021 14:17

Has anyone else just looked at the google reviews???? :regular_smile:

catsim Jul 26th, 2021 16:43

I have always found Weylands Reading very good, especially their service department and the service manager Simon, it’s the reason I keep returning to Volvo!

LRS Jul 26th, 2021 16:43

I’ve used Waylands Reading (and their predecessor) for over 10 years – bought my current 2011 XC90 there and have just ordered my new XC60 from there as well.

Their service department is very good and never try and wiggle out of getting work covered under my extended warranty.

Compared to the distrusting bad attitude my wife gets from her BMW garage, always trying to bleed money out of you. Volvo is miles ahead and a big reason why I will never buy another BMW or any German brand for that matter.

For me its Volvo or Subaru.

AB-UK Jul 26th, 2021 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by LRS (Post 2756956)

Their service department is very good and never try and wiggle out of getting work covered under my extended warranty.

The exact opposite to my local dealer :angry_smile:

DriverDen Jul 27th, 2021 15:17

I asked Waylands for a quote for Service twice last week. Still waiting for a reply. In the meantime I have booked elsewhere, see if they come in with a lower price.

I used to use Maidenhead when it was Squire Furneax, liked them alot. But a few bad experiences and I've reported them to Volvo UK.

As for the Reading Volvo dealer before last, Stratstone, they were unbelievably terrible.

lordofthejungle Jul 27th, 2021 20:38

I h go or my car serviced and the experience was good. Got 20% on the service itself. However, it’s thrown out few issues on my recently bought second hand car (17 plate) with extended warranty from the dealer (big motoring world) I got the car from. Volvo has said that the engine light and my perceived feeling that there was a lag when I put my foot down points to a Turbo issue. Quoted 4K now to fix it!!! However, the engine light now has gone away...I went for a long drive and the lag I had noticed previously isn’t there. I will drive it around for a while and get a second opinion from a different garage if the light comes back on.

Is my wait and watch approach sensible or should I be going to the bottom of this now?? Thanks

HDAV Aug 1st, 2021 11:37

Waylands also have a branch in swindon? I have used Johnson’s glos thus far as they were supplying dealer but since they moved over the road to the old bmw showroom have IMO gone down hill lady on service desk is lovely but over worked and having called twice and promised a call back I’m now thinking of just forgetting them completely

MG14 Aug 1st, 2021 20:15

Quote:

Waylands also have a branch in swindon?
Yes, I’ve ordered mine from them. No experience of how it was before Waylands but they’re fine so far. I understand that there’s a showroom refurb due soon.