Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   700/900 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   V90 1997 £1100 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=316134)

peter burton Apr 17th, 2021 14:58

V90 1997 £1100

172185 miles, four new tyres, recent aircon regas as 5 years since the last one, MOT till December 2021. Very nice condition overall. Just not using enough and going to try a bike only. It is listed on Gumtree Norwich and on Facebook market place for Norwich. I am happy to list the address on here 20 Church Road, Hoveton, Norwich, Norfolk, NR12 8UG, my mobile is 07711 614284 but please try email or text as I am often not able to answer calls. I will try to list photos but have little success on here. Local volvo tuner and Volvo club member values it higher but I want a no hassle sale. Good spec lux model. Keith Burton. kbwroxham@gmail.com

volvo always Apr 17th, 2021 23:00

Looks well nice, great colour.:thumbs_up:

A rare car and too cheap, looking at what else is available.

Wish I could buy it, but already have a 940 and Auris Hybrid.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...6-2954265d28a3

Think it will sell quickly.

James:thumbs_up:

Forrest Apr 18th, 2021 11:26

I would have certainly been in touch about this one if it wasn’t a four hour drive each way. Good luck with the sale. I hope it goes to a good new home rather than to a trader who just re-lists it at seven or eight times the price.

griston64 Apr 18th, 2021 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forrest (Post 2729656)
I would have certainly been in touch about this one if it wasn’t a four hour drive each way. Good luck with the sale. I hope it goes to a good new home rather than to a trader who just re-lists it at seven or eight times the price.

Train through and then a nice relaxing drive home :teeth_smile:

peter burton Apr 18th, 2021 13:11

Gumtree and Facebook silly offers.

So far I have had offers of £500 and £600, someone asking to buy it if it has the original CAT., so I assume they are worth a good price at the moment. Swaps for a BMW X5, a boat, a motorcycle and many other swaps. If anyone from here wants it that would be great. Lookup its MOT history online, confirming its mileage and see no rust issues ever mentioned or indeed on the car. Pictures on Facebook marketplace and Gumtree for Norwich. Welcome to make offers and I am happy to collect from Norwich train station if that helps anyone with its purchase. It will be SORN at the end of April as my insurance renewal is due 2nd May. Hope it goes to a good home as its a very good car.

js90 Apr 18th, 2021 18:28

I'm sure this will sell fast for that price. Great looking example and I'd have it if there weren't two Volvos on the drive right now!

Best colour too ;-)

peter burton Apr 19th, 2021 22:47

Price reduction to £900 for community members

I just want a simple pleasant deal where we are both happy and before the end of the month. I will be taxed and insured till then so can do test drives. I hope it goes to a Volvo person. You know these are getting rare and sought after. May already have started to go up in value. Have a drive out or jump on a train and drive home. I hope I do not have to list on Ebay. Look at the photos by clicking the link in Volvo Allways reply. ie the link to Facebook. I am no good on computers to get them loaded to this site. Thanks for the offer to list the pictures for me. Thanks for putting link to Facebook pictures. Please be quick if you want it. Thirty years of Volvo ownership the V90 is the best they made, turning circle, load capacity, simplicity, quality, ride comfort,so smooth engine and gearbox, good power delivery.

BorderVolvo Apr 20th, 2021 07:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter burton (Post 2730028)
.... Thirty years of Volvo ownership the V90 is the best they made, turning circle, load capacity, simplicity, quality, ride comfort,so smooth engine and gearbox, good power delivery.

Yup, proper Volvo. I'd like to say I was in the market for one of these, yours looks a cracker. GLWS

https://www.gumtree.com/p/volvo/volv...ors/1402686058

john.wigley Apr 20th, 2021 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by BorderVolvo (Post 2730062)
Yup, proper Volvo. I'd like to say I was in the market for one of these, yours looks a cracker. GLWS

https://www.gumtree.com/p/volvo/volv...ors/1402686058

Me, too! When the 745 that we had had for 18 years died five years ago, we looked high and low for a car like yours, Peter, and would have jumped at the chance. Unable to find one, we settled on a Phase 1 V70. And therein lies the problem. I could buy your car but would then have to part with my own; I strongly suspect that the majority of those on this forum would also be in the same boat. That, I think, is the main reason that your car has not sold on here.

Advertising on internet sites such as gumtree and ebay may elicit enquiries, but in my experience the general public do not appreciate cars such as ours and tend to see them as little more than gas-guzzling leviathans.

Reducing your asking price, while a generous gesture, is also, in my view an unnecessary one. For the reasons stated above, I do not think that the price is an issue, since, as others have said, I believe that your car is already underpriced.

I think if I were in the position that you now find yourself, I would advertise the car for a realistic sum (£1500(?)) on carandclassic, as people looking on there tend to be more 'clued up' than those scanning ebay looking for a set of cheap wheels.

Alternatively, and I note that you live in Norwich, you might also consider consigning the car to auction. East Anglia Auctions, in your area, seem to do well selling cars such as yours - I would not be surprised if they achieved £2000 for it on a good day, maybe even more.

As others have said, I wish you good fortune with the sale.

Regards, John.

jonnyf90 Apr 20th, 2021 11:42

I would suggest it's worth a fair bit more than what you're offering it for.

But yes, don't entertain any ridiculous low-ball offers from FB Marketplace. The clowns offering £500 know they'll make more than that back from just the Cat and its precious-metal goodness.

Good luck with the sale, I would have snapped this up myself if all my money wasn't invested in nappies, wet wipes and toys for my son :D

Cheers