Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC90 '02–'15 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   Breaking XC90 2005 SE (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=313049)

owenfackrell Jan 5th, 2021 11:01

Breaking XC90 2005 SE

I am breaking our old XC90. It is on a 54 plate and is a 2005 manufacturer year model with 256k miles on it. The main reason for breaking it is at this age and mileage it’s not worth much as a whole car plus there are a number of worn parts, such as wheel bearings, that need replacing. I am also using it as a teaching tool for my Daughter who is interested in learning how she can maintain her own things in the future.

Currently all parts are available, apart from the spare wheel. Options fitted to this car include Bi-xenon headlights (the reflector ones), the updated performance sound system including the rear sub. Sat nav. Heated seats and the passenger one is electric. There is also a Denision gateway 500 that gives iPod/iPhone connection to the sound system.

Now the bad parts. The seats are full leather and whilst that is in good condition the drivers seat and middle row seat behind the driver both have failed stitching on the seat base. The passenger seat, the plastic trim that holds the seat controls has broken.

Any other parts just ask and I will state if I have them and what condition they are in.
I can post smaller items for cost but will need time in which to do this. Larger items will need to be picked up. I do not have any means to package these but would be willing to work with you to get them out to you.

Borgi Jan 7th, 2021 12:12

Steering angle sensor

Hi, I'm sorry to hear that you are breaking your car but I also understand the economic sense in doing so.

I'm looking for a steering angle sensor for my 2004 AWD D5.

I keep getting anti skid service required as a message & after connecting the VIDA the angle sensor was highlighted as having a communication issue.

Do you have available, how much & would you post to Preston, Lancashire?

Thanks in advance,

Marc

owenfackrell Jan 7th, 2021 13:30

Unfortunately I have already agreed that to someone else.
I hope you get it sorted, as a tip don’t wait to long to get it sorted otherwise the error gets permanently logged and the only way to clear it is to get the software on the module reloaded. I know this to my cost.

hodge911 Jan 7th, 2021 16:17

Pipe

Hi price for the crankcase breather pipe that goes from the oil separator on front of engine and goes over the right hand side of engine to the turbo intake pipe

owenfackrell Jan 7th, 2021 16:20

£5 plus postage for the part?

hodge911 Jan 7th, 2021 16:24

Pipe

1 Attachment(s)
This pipe

hodge911 Jan 7th, 2021 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by owenfackrell (Post 2695987)
£5 plus postage for the part?

Hi ive put a picture of pipe I need on .
If its the one I need i'll take it .
How do you want payment
Thanks
Peter

owenfackrell Jan 7th, 2021 16:45

Price stands. I have had a look at the one on the car and it is complete as far as I can tell. I won’t have time before the weekend to remove it however.

hodge911 Jan 7th, 2021 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by owenfackrell (Post 2696000)
Price stands. I have had a look at the one on the car and it is complete as far as I can tell. I won’t have time before the weekend to remove it however.

Spot on mate .... just let me know a total and how you want paid and I'll get the money to you ....
I'll pm you my address
Thanks
Hodge

owenfackrell Jan 7th, 2021 17:29

I’m Not sure on postage till I can get it off but will let you know once I have.