Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   400 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Two Volvo 440s for sale - non runners (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=325833)

Martin Cox Jun 6th, 2022 12:17

Two Volvo 440s for sale - non runners

5 Attachment(s)
My sister has two Volvo 440s that she needs to dispose of and she’s asked me to see if there is any interest in these cars on the VOC forum. Both cars are near Bawtry (south of Doncaster) South Yorkshire.

I've included the registration numbers so anybody who's interested can look at their MoT histories etc.

The first car Reg No K421ODY is a pre facelift 440SE with the B18U engine and was last on the road in 2009. Total mileage is around 80000. Bodywork is poor and realistically the only value is in parts. Engine and gearbox were in good order when the car came off the road but are now an unknown quantity.

The second car, Reg No N430BHE is a post facelift 440 Si 1.8i and was last on the road in 2014. Total mileage is around 120000. It was taken off the road due to structural corrosion. Bodywork is poor and again the only value is in parts. Unusually this car has aircon. Again the engine and gearbox were in good order when the car was last running.

Unfortunately my sister is not in a position to break the cars herself but is reluctant simply to send them to the scrappers knowing that 440 parts are now getting difficult to obtain.

I've added a few pictures which will give some guide as to their general condition.

She will consider any reasonable offer but any prospective buyer would need to arrange removal.

Should there be any interest, please PM me and I’ll put you in touch with her.

Martin

Robinharrison88 Jun 6th, 2022 19:30

Hello Martin - Thanks for posting this!

If anyone grabs these for breaking then I've got dibs on the driver's door and driver's front wing off the green one and the Intake Air Temp sensor of the top of the injector on the red one :tounge_smile: Will pay and travel.

It's a shame, I used to live in Blyth just down the road... But now I'm living down in Essex with no space for two breakers. d'oh.

Martin Cox Jun 6th, 2022 20:42

Thanks for your interest; lets see what happens. I'll pass on your message to my sister; she may be able to work something out with you.

Martin

dcw Jun 8th, 2022 10:15

They both look rather sad, don't they?

Unfortunately, I also do not have room for two breakers, or I'd consider them.

However, I thought you/your sister might like to know that the wheel trims around the green one are (I believe) the same ones as KGF are looking to buy in the Wants section...

David

Phil2244 Jun 19th, 2022 18:13

Hi Martin
We spoke last week at the car even about these ,I am still intrested in buying them if you can contact me thankyou

Phil2244 Oct 8th, 2022 18:26

Hi Martin
I have had your messages and email
Still no response after please can you give me a ring or send me a contact number thankyou

Martin Cox Oct 8th, 2022 23:10

Message sent.

Martin