Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC90 '02–'15 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   D5 200hp exec...... you guys are in for a treat. (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=111171)

262coupe Dec 8th, 2010 21:07

D5 200hp exec...... you guys are in for a treat.

It's true.... picked up mine this afternoon and despite coming from a V8 se lux I'm actually pleasantly surprised. I'm running it in very carefully but even so it feels MUCH more gutsy than the 185s I test-drove. This seems odd as previously discussed on here it is after all only a small difference but maybe there has been a full re-map or something. All I can tell you is so far the signs are good. Pics to follow tomorrow as soon as I get some daylight!

Rentagas Dec 8th, 2010 22:40

Sounds promising.............:)

Clan Dec 8th, 2010 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by 262coupe (Post 793990)
It's true.... picked up mine this afternoon and despite coming from a V8 se lux I'm actually pleasantly surprised. I'm running it in very carefully but even so it feels MUCH more gutsy than the 185s I test-drove. This seems odd as previously discussed on here it is after all only a small difference but maybe there has been a full re-map or something. All I can tell you is so far the signs are good. Pics to follow tomorrow as soon as I get some daylight!

Thats good , maybe they have mapped it to be like the D3 which is also a great engine in the S60 . pulls away from rest very sharply .. And you will find over the next 10-20000 miles the engine gets stronger and stronger .. Volvo cars never seem to go as well when they are brand new :-)

drpepper Dec 8th, 2010 23:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by 262coupe (Post 793990)

Excellent news! Get a peak at mine in dealers on Friday then collect a week tomorrow after extras fitted and I'm back from a business trip, looking forward to it even more now :-)

Lycanthrope Dec 9th, 2010 06:43

I don't have a date yet for mine, probably end of February. Sounds good though, cheers!

Have you got the massage seats then, are they good or just a gimmik?

262coupe Dec 9th, 2010 08:19

Yes I have massage seats. I guess they are a gimmick in the sense that they do seem totally over the top. However, they seem to really work, esp in the stronger setting of the two options, and I can see myself becoming just as hooked on them as I have on heated seats.

Lycanthrope Dec 9th, 2010 08:52

And as I understand it there are fans in the seats too that will blow cool air ro keep one's bum cool in winter...?

262coupe Dec 9th, 2010 09:24

Yep! is there no end to this ??? Actually though it's great isnt it cos to have a spec list like this car has in an x5 or something you would be looking the wrong side of 55k!

drpepper Dec 9th, 2010 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by 262coupe (Post 794250)
Yep! is there no end to this ??? Actually though it's great isnt it cos to have a spec list like this car has in an x5 or something you would be looking the wrong side of 55k!

Same with the Discovery 4 hence why I'am buying what I'm buying, performance was the concern but having found the figures I can live with the 0.1 second slower 0-100KPH time, 420NM v's 600NM with the weight difference shouldn't be too bad either and it has a much higher top end.

Anyway Q for you to clear up - nothing in brochures but I believe exec has heated rear seats (here's hoping or my kids will be unimpressed as the D3 has them!).

James.

artwilliam Dec 9th, 2010 13:08

pics please :)!