Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   V50 General : Trunk Rattling Noise (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=325509)

Pedro Costa May 18th, 2022 15:26

Trunk Rattling Noise

Hello Everyone

Does Anyone else have an anoying Rattle Sound in the trunk\Tailgate when the car vibrates or goes over a bump, or on bumpy roads?

So far i removed all moving parts from trunk, including spare tire no luck

Any help would be much apreciated

Thankīs

PNM May 18th, 2022 16:49

Are you sure it's not being transmitted up from the rear suspension?

LizardOfBodom May 18th, 2022 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedro Costa (Post 2824972)
Hello Everyone

Does Anyone else have an anoying Rattle Sound in the trunk\Tailgate when the car vibrates or goes over a bump, or on bumpy roads?

So far i removed all moving parts from trunk, including spare tire no luck

Any help would be much apreciated

Thankīs

If its related to actual tailgate, check if you have plastic bumps on side of it (would be on left/right side of actual tailgate, pointing towards taillamps) those are suppose to allign the boot and make it not-rattle sideways.
Or if its plastic trim related, check the rear plastic panels that go around the back window and covering the rear wiper, in my case those were rattling like mad and had to put some foam to stop it.

If its suspension related, maybe rear shock mounts? those often degrade and snap...

Pedro Costa May 18th, 2022 17:33

many thankīs for your replys

i do year some noise from rear suspension, like a tac,tac just by shaking the car sideways, will check that out

my tailgate as those plastics pointing the rear lamps, they seem ok, donīt really know what i can do to them

i didnīt check the plastics around the windows, will do that

many thankīs for your help

will keep you update

thankīs

Willber G May 18th, 2022 18:53

What car do you have?

Pedro Costa May 19th, 2022 09:27

itīs volvo v50 2.0d year 2005

Teddy1975 May 19th, 2022 11:04

It could also be one of the heat shields under the car that has come loose.

iainmd May 19th, 2022 14:15

Have you had any work done on your rear brakes recently? Poor quality aftermarket pads can rattle in the caliper. Just a thought.

Pedro Costa May 20th, 2022 17:17

no work done in the rear brake pads

every thing seems tight under the car

i found out that spraying some wd40 in the latch stops the noise, must be coming from there, it stoped the noise 4 days now.

also found out that closing the boot a bit harder when it makes the noise stops it permanent

will try some plastic adesive around the bottom latch,before any attempt of adjusting

will keep you all posted

thank you very much for the help

Pedro Costa May 27th, 2022 11:41

just and update

white spray of litium in the latch no noise for 1 week