Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC90 '02–'15 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Electrics: XC90 Cracked Electric Window Buttons - Replacement (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=337478)

Balistaff Jan 11th, 2024 20:34

XC90 Cracked Electric Window Buttons - Replacement

I've noticed that almost all the electric window buttons on my XC90 D5 SE LUX 2013 are cracked, but this does not affect the usage of the electric windows themselves.

I asked a main dealer today if they supply replacement buttons and they are looking to get a replacement kit in for two buttons, so I can have a look at the kit. Has anyone used the Volvo-supplied kit before or had a dealer replace their buttons?

The Main Dealer did price up the electric window units for each door and it came to well over £500 excluding fitting. For something small and esthetic it does not seem worth the price.

Looking on eBay at the electric window units for sale, it seems to show almost all have cracked buttons, regardless if they are drivers, passengers or rear style button clusters.

Searching on YouTube AliExpress adverts pop up and have the replacement buttons much cheaper, to the tune of tens of pounds for just a button itself. At this point IDK if the buttons can be replaced on the units, but by the look of them they potentially can. Has anyone had experience of this?

Balistaff Jan 11th, 2024 20:38

V70 Buttons are in Excellent Condition

I forgot to mention that the electric window buttons on my V70 are in excellent condition. The V70 is ten years older than the XC90 and has done over 30,000 more miles. Go figure.

Alycidon Jan 12th, 2024 18:34

Try
Part number 31295247

Harley Dave Jan 12th, 2024 23:30

€44 each - Gasp - Or is that for a set of 4??

Cheers

Dave

Alycidon Jan 13th, 2024 13:24

Set of 4

Harley Dave Jan 13th, 2024 23:15

Hmmm, not so bad, but still...

Cheers

Dave

Balistaff Jan 15th, 2024 16:33

State of my Buttons

1 Attachment(s)
Think mine need replacing

Balistaff Jan 15th, 2024 16:38

ScanDix Pricing OK | P&P Horrendous

ScanDix do four replacement buttons for €33 plus postage.

Trouble is the postage to UK is an additional €34. The rest of the EU is €17 and within Germany is €6.50 ... can't believe those prices for p&p

Balistaff Jan 19th, 2024 18:06

Volvo Main Dealer 4-Pack Replacement Part V31295247

4 Attachment(s)
I've bought eight (8) replacement electric Window buttons from Volvo today for £25 net per set of four, obvs add VAT at 20%, but still cheaper than sourcing from abroad and genuine compared to ALiExpress or similar online OEM.

Think I got 10% off from the Main Dealer as all my buttons were cracked, so without admitting the original ones were a known cracking problem, perhaps they recognise the problem?

I am of course hoping that Volvo has revised the buttons to make them more durable and not crack, but only time will tell for sure.

I've yet to fit them but from teh packaging (included in the pictures below) I think the Part Number is V31295247

Balistaff Jan 25th, 2024 16:33

Front Driver's Different to other Electric Window Buttons

2 Attachment(s)
As the title says, the 4 electric window buttons on the front driver's side door 'console' are differently shaped and have different internal plastic extrusions and tabs. Back to Volvo to get the passenger side and two rear door replacement buttons for the electric windows.

Hopefully, the pictures below show the difference: