Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   S60 T5 - Sell or Scrap? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=326106)

SnineT Jun 21st, 2022 20:45

1st port of call for the stutter is a can of fuel cleaner in 1/2 a tank of fuel, you might have just picked up a bad refill but a little decarb fluid in with it won't hurt,

It could also be kicking back against the E10 which is becoming like supermarket beef, 1/10 beef and 9/10ths wheat and bolster material,

I know the model well as a mate had one at the time and it was any excuse to borrow it at the time so I would imagine there are a few folks around who'd love to own it and lavish on it a bit, too many good old cars going to the scrappers tbh, they have no real footprint anymore as they can't pollute as much as the production of the car that replaces them.

TJMurphy Jun 23rd, 2022 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnineT (Post 2830418)
1st port of call for the stutter is a can of fuel cleaner in 1/2 a tank of fuel, you might have just picked up a bad refill but a little decarb fluid in with it won't hurt,

It could also be kicking back against the E10 which is becoming like supermarket beef, 1/10 beef and 9/10ths wheat and bolster material,

I know the model well as a mate had one at the time and it was any excuse to borrow it at the time so I would imagine there are a few folks around who'd love to own it and lavish on it a bit, too many good old cars going to the scrappers tbh, they have no real footprint anymore as they can't pollute as much as the production of the car that replaces them.

Thanks. It's not E10 fuel as it only gets filled with V-Power and the last tank fill was from my "regular" one so hopefully not a bad refill. I've got a few more miles to go to get down to half a tank* and then I'll stick in some injector cleaner (Redex or the like) and see what happens.

* Forgot to say in the pros and cons it had 3/4 of a tank of V-Power - should double the value these days :omg_smile:

SnineT Jun 24th, 2022 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJMurphy (Post 2830719)
Thanks. It's not E10 fuel as it only gets filled with V-Power and the last tank fill was from my "regular" one so hopefully not a bad refill. I've got a few more miles to go to get down to half a tank* and then I'll stick in some injector cleaner (Redex or the like) and see what happens.

* Forgot to say in the pros and cons it had 3/4 of a tank of V-Power - should double the value these days :omg_smile:

Clubcard,

it's £2.10 atm with the clubcard, 250ml bottle, 2 doses worth.

ASt85 Jun 26th, 2022 07:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJMurphy (Post 2830719)

Re the "stutter" - try adding a bottle of Cataclean to the last two or three gallons in the tank - then take the car on a fastish 25mile run. It not only clears the Cat but has the added virtues of cleaning the valves and injectors as well as the fuel lines, filter and tank. NB works best at a concentration of 1 bottle to 3 gallons of petrol.

barrybritcher Jun 30th, 2022 01:36

msg me and we can work something out

TJMurphy Jun 30th, 2022 10:26

Quick update on this one. The delivery date on the new car has now slipped from early Nov to January. A bit of a downer.

That means I'm going to hold onto it for a couple of months longer than originally planned. On the plus side, it will have a new MOT when I do come back to this one!

Thanks for the inputs so far, I will look to sell it rather than scrap it when the time comes.

TLPower Jul 1st, 2022 09:13

Regarding the recurring CEL light, my V70 T5 had the same issue with the Ferrita downpipe, I added a spacer and a restricting washer to the post-cat sensor and it cured the issue.

Your car is way too good to scrap, dark interior and manual is a winning combination. I don't have a facebook account (I use my Wife's) https://www.facebook.com/groups/186140668094132 I would try it here before Gumtree, Ebay, anything.