Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Northern BKV (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=317632)

Underdrive Jun 16th, 2021 08:00

Northern BKV

Who is likely to go to the the Northern BKV on Aug 1st? I asked this question on the 140 section and got virtually no response!

Simmy Jun 16th, 2021 09:40

where is it being held? i thought most events were on hold due to the pandemic

Underdrive Jun 16th, 2021 09:50

Wetherby racecourse, southern BKV seems to be cancelled but not seen anything about Northern. They seem to be almost a well kept secret for some reason on this forum, presumably more info in the 'Driver' magazine if you are a club member. I thought it would be beneficial to all to get as many owners together at these events, it's not unique this year because of covid.

skippyfox Jun 16th, 2021 09:51

Wetherby race course August 1st. Apparently an outdoor event is allowed, same applies for the National at Uttoxeter on the 11th July.

Underdrive Jun 16th, 2021 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by skippyfox (Post 2745486)
Wetherby race course August 1st. Apparently an outdoor event is allowed, same applies for the National at Uttoxeter on the 11th July.

Just had a look at events calender and seen that the National is now a one day event, so is still taking place which is good. Are there any entry fees to just turn up and say hello to everybody, or is that just if you are entering the beauty parade? Even the fees for that seem to be a secret, you have to contact someone to find out what they are. It's a bit like joining the Masons, are there any secret handshakes I should be aware of? :regular_smile:

Derek UK Jun 16th, 2021 12:29

VOC events are free to members. They are also free to visitors but you won't be able to "compete" in any of the events or have your car in the one model type areas. There will be plenty of Volvos in the visitors parking. You will be welcome, and you can take the opportunity to join the club at the event.

Underdrive Jun 16th, 2021 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek UK (Post 2745530)
VOC events are free to members. They are also free to visitors but you won't be able to "compete" in any of the events or have your car in the one model type areas. There will be plenty of Volvos in the visitors parking. You will be welcome, and you can take the opportunity to join the club at the event.

Thanks Derek, no one else has said they are going yet so I might be standing there on my own:regular_smile:

skippyfox Jun 16th, 2021 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underdrive (Post 2745569)
Thanks Derek, no one else has said they are going yet so I might be standing there on my own:regular_smile:

Don't worry Underdrive there will be quite a few people there. Even for the one day event it should be a decent turnout.

Underdrive Jun 16th, 2021 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by skippyfox (Post 2745603)
Don't worry Underdrive there will be quite a few people there. Even for the one day event it should be a decent turnout.

I hope so, but what makes you so sure?

Burdekin Jun 17th, 2021 08:02

Not far enough north for me. :-) I've never bothered joining because there is nothing up this way, not complaining but everything is down in Englandshire and is just too far for me to be bothered with. I will get to a meet one day. I've only ever gone to a couple of car shows and actually got one booked for next month in Aberdeenshire. I have no interest in showing but will go have a look about and see what is there.