Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Anyone else waiting on an XC60? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=319540)

herbert912 Aug 27th, 2021 17:28

Anyone else waiting on an XC60?

I ordered a new XC60 R-Design via a leasing company at the end of June.

It was an existing dealer order that was then modified to our spec. Delivery date around the end of August. At the end of July, they advised it would arrive sometime in September. Now just revised to the end of October...

We are coping quite well with one car but still keen to step into our new motor. This will be our second XC60. We loved our first one (I know the new google system will be an adjustment but we are fine with that)

Is anyone else waiting on an XC60 or has recently stepped into a new XC60. If so, how was the wait?

MG14 Aug 27th, 2021 17:33

Yes, hopefully a month away from delivery. I ordered in mid-June and the dealer managed to bag an unallocated car in the system, which reduced the time by a month.

Amatt Aug 27th, 2021 18:17

Similar. Put an order in at the start of a May and given an estimated date of 8th Oct. Haven't checked in with the dealer for a while to see if that's slipped at all but haven't been told anything different.

Currently got an A5 coupe and going to miss the Audi system and dashboard but our lab puppy is getting bigger by the day and we're relying on the wife's small hatchback, plus I'm intrigued to see how android automotive develops.

Handyandy2 Aug 27th, 2021 18:23

Yes. Ordered mid May. Due end of September but I expect this will slip due to the factory closures due to parts shortage. Just a sign of the times unfortunately. I have to say that Volvo and my dealer are poor at providing updates.

segakid Aug 27th, 2021 18:47

Ordered a V60 at the start of August and haven’t even been given a build week yet. Emailed a week ago as they are always busy when I call, they still haven’t got back to even say they haven’t got one yet. They are quite bad at updates.

RandolphC Aug 27th, 2021 19:11

I ordered an XC60 T8 recharge Inscription Pro in late May and was given a delivery date of August. In late July I was informed that it was stuck in Poland, apparently to comes by train from China. I had a moan to Volvo UK and suddenly a few days later it arrived in UK and now been driving it for 2 weeks. My initial impression is lovely car but the Google system is driving me to distraction. No one can explain how it works it won't play the music from my iPhone and the navigation system is rubbish. I ordered a Polestar mod and was informed that it won't be available until; at least October as they have to work out how to work it with the Google system.
Having said all that I do love there car as a car to drive - it's worth waiting for

Familyman 90 Aug 27th, 2021 19:26

Could be worse - My BiL was told this week hes looking at 12 months or more for the new Jag he wants. Chips shortage.

My22xc60 Aug 27th, 2021 21:49

R-Design Pro ordered in mid-July with a potential build date towards the end of November!

griffin447 Aug 27th, 2021 22:05

XC60 Recharge T6 R-Design. Ordered mid June and due 19th September however it left factory in China around 9th August so looking like it will be early!!!

herbert912 Aug 28th, 2021 08:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Familyman 90 (Post 2765893)
Could be worse - My BiL was told this week hes looking at 12 months or more for the new Jag he wants. Chips shortage.

Ouch - not sure I have the patience to wait 12 months for a new car. Though I know the chip shortage is proving a real problem for manufacturers with production way down. Keeping my fingers crossed that my car does arrive in October and not just keep slipping.

It sounds like we are all looking at similar times for our new XC60. It would be great to hear updates on timing when people's cars do arrive.