Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=170)
-   -   2010 V70 Nav Screen (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=316777)

Pazzer May 12th, 2021 10:38

2010 V70 Nav Screen

I wonder if anyone can advise please? Just bought a 2010 V70 with the sat nav screen that rises through the dash, and sometimes it does display something but is too faint to read, other times, there is nothing displayed. At times when I press a button it does talk no destination is entered or something like that. Could this be a faulty screen or something else? It doesnt seem to display all the writing it should when it 1st rises etc

Clan May 12th, 2021 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pazzer (Post 2736373)
I wonder if anyone can advise please? Just bought a 2010 V70 with the sat nav screen that rises through the dash, and sometimes it does display something but is too faint to read, other times, there is nothing displayed. At times when I press a button it does talk no destination is entered or something like that. Could this be a faulty screen or something else? It doesnt seem to display all the writing it should when it 1st rises etc

has it a high mileage? Im wondering if the LCD is simply worn out ...?

Pazzer May 12th, 2021 15:38

Only 65000 miles, and 1 elderly man owner who only used it a few times, but not for quite sometime. There was some writing on it, but only the passenger could see if, and it wasnt the start up screen, had some sort of destination thing on it, but wont display anything now

Clan May 12th, 2021 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pazzer (Post 2736462)
Only 65000 miles, and 1 elderly man owner who only used it a few times, but not for quite sometime. There was some writing on it, but only the passenger could see if, and it wasnt the start up screen, had some sort of destination thing on it, but wont display anything now

Its difficult to imagine how it looks ....

Kev0607 May 14th, 2021 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pazzer (Post 2736373)

Its not a great system to be honest, a shame really. If you really need a sat nav, use a smart phone. Being 11 years old, the maps on the car sat nav are probably out of date anyway.

Up to you... I understand its a nice feature to have/look at, but I'd leave it retracted & not bother with it. There's much easier systems to use than this one. If you definitely want it working, then it sounds like the screen is knackered. I wouldn't think its a cheap fix either.

Kingshott50 May 23rd, 2021 14:51

Rti sat nav

I got a replacement from flea bay £20 worked for me easy to replace, take mess off
Around sat nav unscrew bolts holding it down lift up unplug wires hay presto it worked
For me . Make sure get the right serial numbers good luck

Pazzer Oct 12th, 2021 11:49

Sorry for late reply, thanks for all your advice. I do get the sat nav man talking and giving me directions to somewhere, when the screen is raised, but sadly cannot see anything. The wife has said sometimes when the screen is raised, she can see a very faint image, but I cant from the driving position, I guess there is no way to turn the brightness up, or end the journey if the display is too faint to show anything? Is there a way to reset the nav screen, just want to try as many things as I can, before I give up on it totally?

Also, is there a more recent or modern screen you can get for these, like a 3rd party android unit, so I can utilise Apple carplay etc?