Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   V40/XC '12>17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   V40 improvements ?? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=197364)

church0708 Jan 22nd, 2014 19:37

V40 improvements ??

Thought I`d share my opinions / improvements that could be made to make the car even better.
Feel free to share your views etc.

1. The dual zone temp controls, not very easy for the passenger to adjust their side as they have to reach across the gear stick to firstly change which side needs adjusting then change the temperature.
On my 56 plate Honda Civic, the passenger had their controls situated on the door card, 1 push and they can control the temp. Very easy and very handy.

2. No display on the dash to tell the driver if the headlights have come on when on auto or even if they are switched on manually.
Not very good when the light drops or it rains etc and you then dont know if they have activated.

Other than these...all good !

OldCroc Jan 23rd, 2014 21:06

Good points. The one re the lights I have made already on the V40 forum!
  1. On switching car on the centre display should remember what is was on previously
  2. No Traffic Announcement button on radio.
  3. less road noise - grrrrr

Clan Jan 23rd, 2014 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldCroc (Post 1566045)
Good points. The one re the lights I have made already on the V40 forum!
  1. On switching car on the centre display should remember what is was on previously
  2. No Traffic Announcement button on radio.
  3. less road noise - grrrrr

havent you discovered the programmable FAV button yet ?

OldCroc Jan 23rd, 2014 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 1566056)
havent you discovered the programmable FAV button yet ?

Yep - but what an effort for the sake of a button!

Clan Jan 23rd, 2014 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldCroc (Post 1566066)
Yep - but what an effort for the sake of a button!

no effort .., you program the FAV button to be the TA button from the sensus menu .

OldCroc Jan 23rd, 2014 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 1566081)
no effort .., you program the FAV button to be the TA button from the sensus menu .

That's what I mean - having to programme a button to be a button! I doubt there are many other options for the radio fav that people use - I bet they are all programmed to be TA buttons....

Clan Jan 23rd, 2014 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldCroc (Post 1566092)
That's what I mean - having to programme a button to be a button! I doubt there are many other options for the radio fav that people use - I bet they are all programmed to be TA buttons....

well thats what the fav button is for , so make it your TA button and problem solved :-) I for one would give it a different function as i wouldnt want to turn off traffic Announcments , so i would be happy too . Nothing worse than having dozens of buttons which clutter things up and you never use :-)Remember the MTS radio from volvo in the 1980's with all those buttons ?

Did you realise that the FAV button can be something different when playing a CD or playing a USB song or doing something with the Navigation ?

I-S Jan 23rd, 2014 23:13

I felt that the exposed painted body metal visible inside the cabin devalued the feel of the car.

OldCroc Jan 24th, 2014 19:28

Side lights

It would be good to have some audible reminders when opening the door after switching off for the following:
  • Boot open
  • Side lights on

Clan Jan 24th, 2014 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldCroc (Post 1566763)
It would be good to have some audible reminders when opening the door after switching off for the following:
  • Boot open
  • Side lights on

you will get a boot open message to read anyway .
Leaving the side lights on is no big deal at all .. All LED lights so hardly any current drain .