Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Folding/removing rear bench seat? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=339618)

1981George Apr 24th, 2024 15:12

Folding/removing rear bench seat?

Hello everyone, I've got a 2014 V70. I tried folding the rear bench seats forward but found they didn't move easily. I didn't try forcing them. When I looked in the manual is didn't have anything about folding the rear bench seat forward. Is this possible?

In my previous 2004 XC70 the rear bench could be folded forward or removed entirely by unclipping them.

JonnyA Apr 24th, 2024 17:07

I don't think that they do fold, as the seat backs fold down to give a level load area I'm not sure why they would need to.

Kev0607 Apr 24th, 2024 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyA (Post 2946974)
I don't think that they do fold, as the seat backs fold down to give a level load area I'm not sure why they would need to.

Agreed.

1981George Apr 25th, 2024 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyA (Post 2946974)

I don't need to fold/remove them it's just different to what I was used to on my P2 XC70. I was impressed at the seat backs folding down to give a level load area.

Sotosound Apr 26th, 2024 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1981George (Post 2947091)
I don't need to fold/remove them it's just different to what I was used to on my P2 XC70. I was impressed at the seat backs folding down to give a level load area.

They don't fold down. In a way, it's a shame since if that were the case then you'd be looking at a V70 with better leg room.

Instead, rear leg room is nothing better than average whereas it was better in the Ford Mondeo that shared the P3 platform.

I do wonder why it was decreed that the V70 would be given less leg room than the Mondeo, and I do wonder who decreed it.

I also note that this was addressed with the V90 post-Ford. Hmmm!

Kev0607 Apr 26th, 2024 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sotosound (Post 2947251)
They don't fold down. In a way, it's a shame since if that were the case then you'd be looking at a V70 with better leg room.

Instead, rear leg room is nothing better than average whereas it was better in the Ford Mondeo that shared the P3 platform.

I do wonder why it was decreed that the V70 would be given less leg room than the Mondeo, and I do wonder who decreed it.

I also note that this was addressed with the V90 post-Ford. Hmmm!

Yep, it seems a like a big blunder to me. I sat in the back of a Honda Jazz last week. No kidding, there was more leg room in the back of that than a V70. Go figure.

Don't get me wrong, the P3's are lovely cars, but rear leg room sucks for such a big vehicle. Taller/bigger people will struggle in the back of a P3. Disappointing for an executive saloon.

Sotosound Apr 26th, 2024 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev0607 (Post 2947258)
Yep, it seems a like a big blunder to me. I sat in the back of a Honda Jazz last week. No kidding, there was more leg room in the back of that than a V70. Go figure.

Don't get me wrong, the P3's are lovely cars, but rear leg room sucks for such a big vehicle. Taller/bigger people will struggle in the back of a P3. Disappointing for an executive saloon.

Am I right in thinking that the P3 S80 has more rear legroom?