Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Trader's Offers & Discounts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Stratstone Volvo-Preston & Manchester Closing End Of October (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=60077)

southportvolvo Oct 21st, 2008 11:06

Stratstone Volvo-Preston & Manchester Closing End Of October

Just received word that Stratstone Volvo in Preston & Manchester are closing at the end of October. We attempted to book a car in for the start of November to see if it's true and it is, they said the nearest branch to Manchester is Stoke!

Where does it leave the North West?

:thumbs_up:www.southportautocentre.co.uk:thumbs_up:

bluesntwos Oct 21st, 2008 11:26

Just tried booking my V50 in to Stratstone Preston and Bury and they said they could do servicing up until the last day of October but then they are closing. I asked who was taking over the dealership and they said they were simply shutting and they didn't know if anyone was taking over.

southportvolvo Oct 21st, 2008 12:07

Pendragon Group-12 Volvo branches closing

Stratstone are owned by the Pendragon group, they are supposedly closing down 12 Stratstone Volvo branches nationwide

Jona76 Oct 21st, 2008 12:08

Volvo has a Dealer in Warrington?

Rufe Oct 21st, 2008 12:34

i know that they are closing their Cardiff dealership too. no one is replacing that one either as far as i know.

foggyjames Oct 22nd, 2008 00:04

I feel an email on the scrounge for NOS parts / special tools / anything to do with the older cars / etc on the way...although knowing a little about some of the modernisation works which have been going on in the last few years, it may be in vain...i.e. it's all already gone!

cheers

James

Rufe Oct 22nd, 2008 17:19

not many dealers have much if any dead stock at all anymore to be honest, though i suppose you may get lucky.

we sent most of our slow moving and dead stock back to volvo a few years back, along with all other dealers doing the same, so all our accumulated dead stock was packed up and returned creating a lot of space here (so much so half of our old parts dept is now a valeting bay).

niloc Oct 22nd, 2008 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufe (Post 416235)
i know that they are closing their Cardiff dealership too. no one is replacing that one either as far as i know.

That leaves only Swansea and Abergavenny doesn't it for our area?

Clan Oct 22nd, 2008 22:11

yes , Volvo will have to intervine and help someone open a couple of new dealerships as Bristol has no main dealer either . so a big black hole in the area surrounded by family owned volvo business's maybe thats the way to go again ..

foggyjames Oct 23rd, 2008 01:18

Sending it back to Volvo sounds most humane compared to some of the stories I've heard involving skips... :(

cheers

James