Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Trader's Offers & Discounts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Johnsons Volvo Solihull Trade Discount (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=60405)

cumbrianmale Oct 27th, 2008 20:59

Johnsons Volvo Solihull Trade Discount

1 Attachment(s)
The Directors recently received the following email and offer after sending a copy of Volvo Driver to dealers around the country.

Quote:

Originally Posted by email from Johnsons
Sent: 24 October 2008 14:03
To: volvoclub.org.uk
Subject: Parts discounts on genuine parts for Volvo owners club

Hello

I work for Johnsons Volvo in Solihull and I have received a copy of your Volvo driver magazine which I have found to be very interesting, at the moment I have a trade discount promotion in place which I am prepared to extend to all your members if they would be interested as it is mainly on servce parts & brakes with discounts up to 70% off. This wouldn't apply to cars coming through our workshop but as most people will change the oil in their cars themselves this may be ideal, as an example a D5 oil filter normally retails for £7.80 + vat I will sell it for £3.66 + vat. I will also post parts out but this will be at the extra cost of the postage. I have attached a copy of the promotion for you to have a look at if you would like to contact me regarding anything please dont hesitate

Stuart Weston
Johnsons Cars Ltd
Solihull Road
Hampton in Arden
Solihull
West Midlands
B92 0EX
01675 443161

scottishvolvo Oct 27th, 2008 22:42

Some great discounts there. Also useful to see which parts are interchangable between models (same part number).

Menon01 Jan 19th, 2009 09:01

"Activ Solihull" ensures you save money with businesses in and around Solihull.
We have negotiated all sorts of special discounts and savings for you to take advantage of in Solihull.

AndreGonzalez Jan 26th, 2009 13:03

I can definitely recommend these guys.

I phoned up Stuart and he sorted me out with a really good price on my rear brake discs and pads delvered to my house and giving a substancial saving on the price Volvo dealerships in London were giving me or in fact anywhere else.

I will definitely be using these guys again! :thumbs_up:

jrtonks Feb 28th, 2009 16:01

Service, but what is a good price?

I'm going to give these chaps a try for a full service on my V70. I'll report back on price vs quality.

Having said that, the service dept is going to contact me on Monday with a price for the service (plus autobox fluid change), I have no real idea how much they might charge.

Can anyone comment on what's a good and a bad price for V70 servicing?

Grateful,

James

Fanz Mar 17th, 2009 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrtonks (Post 470055)
I'm going to give these chaps a try for a full service on my V70. I'll report back on price vs quality.

Having said that, the service dept is going to contact me on Monday with a price for the service (plus autobox fluid change), I have no real idea how much they might charge.

Can anyone comment on what's a good and a bad price for V70 servicing?

Grateful,

James

James, please keep us updated on their services and costs, if they are good I'll bring my S40 there to do the 80K service.
Cheers
Fan

oldbob Apr 1st, 2009 03:43

Just ordered some service parts, plugs filters etc going to ride over sat and pick them up they were a very good price !!

saturnuranus Apr 17th, 2009 22:48

Another +1 for these guys. I rode across today to pick up some gearbox oil for my 850, for about £3 less per liter than my usual dealer in Birmingham. A nice place to visit and very friendly staff :thumbs_up:

The trade flyer posted above is still valid and will be until about August if I remember what the chap said correctly ;)

S60-MBS Apr 29th, 2009 15:09

Excellent service by Stuart again,Will be picking up my new brake discs,pads and shoes in morning,Beaten all previous quotes I have been given.Might be an idea for mods to make this sticky somewhere.

Just to add it was these guys who fixed my alleged DIM problems for less than £40 where as 2 other dealerships quoted over £1100.

hinesh12 Jun 15th, 2009 17:15

He is asking for memebership number? which i dont have, where can i get one? thanks