Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   850/x70 S1 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   850 t5 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=324870)

Roderick Plinge Apr 16th, 2022 22:29

850 t5

1 Attachment(s)
Remind me chaps...this IS an 850 T5 isn't it? Guess the "Turbo" gives it away! Guy wants £2850 for it and wont budge. Any comments fellas??

Roderick Plinge Apr 16th, 2022 22:54

Few more pics...

5 Attachment(s)
Ok...I haven't a clue any more what the market price is for cars (or anything else for that matter!). Most prices for "modern classics" are completely and utterly made up - I posted a thread on here a while back about this and noticed the other days 1710 replies!! So I'm not the only one!
Anyway, I've given in and offered the asking price of £2850 for the car. I haven't seen it in the flesh, the guy is bringing it over tomorrow afternoon for me to look at, and if I don't like it and he takes it back it'll cost me £80 plus a cup of tea and a slice of my wife's Victoria sponge.
You know I think maybe it's a fair price - I mean what price can you put on a car or anything if you want it badly enough. Not a great many of these up for sale at any one time, and the pics look good and the MoT history on the DVLA website doesn't appear to hold any gremlins other than a "Emissions not tested engine temp rising (8.2.1.2 (d))" reference which I'm not sure about. Guy says car doesn't overheat, he's driving it here tomorrow, so I will leave it running just to double check.
I contacted him about a lovely V70 Mk1 T5 but that had gone and he just happened to have the 850 T5 and offered me that. Let me know what you all think....appreciated as always!

Roderick Plinge Apr 16th, 2022 22:58

My last 850 T5 was one of those cars you sell and continue to regret, so hopefully this will be a way of purging that sense of loss and bewilderment that one could be such an unmitigated twit!

Roderick Plinge Apr 16th, 2022 23:07

Think I am correct in assuming this is a fairly early 850 T5? I remember my M/94 was 'early' so I was told (not badged as T5). You can probably tell I'm a bit excited...hope it's not a basket-case, can't see it myself. Mileage is about 126k. Registered June 1994.

terry_cunnane Apr 17th, 2022 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roderick Plinge (Post 2819394)
My last 850 T5 was one of those cars you sell and continue to regret, so hopefully this will be a way of purging that sense of loss and bewilderment that one could be such an unmitigated twit!

I hope it's a success for you. I had no idea they went for that price. The engine compartment looks a bit uncared for.

My T5 is a 1999 v70 which I thought was only worth a few hundred.

RollingThunder Apr 21st, 2022 09:13

Did you buy it then?

It is indeed an early manual T5 - with the factory original reverse intercooler piping by the looks of it - that alone is worth a packet. The turquoise colour is also pretty rare.

An interesting find!

Simmy Apr 21st, 2022 11:15

well spotted on the rip kit RT it looks great on the pictures . i hope the op keeps contact it good to see 850s being kept on the road.

Stu B Apr 22nd, 2022 16:23

Looks good to me, did you buy it? :regular_smile:

Roderick Plinge Apr 23rd, 2022 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollingThunder (Post 2820176)
Did you buy it then?

It is indeed an early manual T5 - with the factory original reverse intercooler piping by the looks of it - that alone is worth a packet. The turquoise colour is also pretty rare.

An interesting find!

Nope backed out by in the end! It had been stolen one time, not that that was the reason.

Roderick Plinge Apr 23rd, 2022 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu B (Post 2820444)
Looks good to me, did you buy it? :regular_smile:

No I didn’t…think that was the correct decision. You should never look back…but I am doing!