Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   MY20 V90 - Short beep in rear (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=316606)

Chudy85 May 6th, 2021 12:11

MY20 V90 - Short beep in rear

Hello,

From couple of days i started to notice that randomly i can hear very short and really quiet beep from the rear of my car.
When this beep can be heard music volume stays on the same level.
If anyone have any thoughts about this please share it with me.

MY20 v90

Tony Harrison May 6th, 2021 18:19

Perhaps you have forgotten to turn off the dishwasher/tumble drier/coffee machine.........depending on your equipment level.

Otherwise I can only think it's a mobile or similar device that's upset because it hasn't been charged recently.

I'll get my coat.

Chudy85 May 6th, 2021 18:30

Yeah that is silly but the sound was there in the boot. I cant think about anything that could beep there. Good my wife heard this too as i was thinking that i become crazy😂

cassell May 6th, 2021 19:22

This may be a shot in the dark but does your car have a non-genuine towbar fitted?

I previously had a first-generation XC90 with a Witter towbar and twin electrics for caravan towing. Occasionally when not towing the indicator warning bleeper in the boot area would emit a single beep for no apparent reason. I rewired the socket and tidied up the wiring and the problem went away.

I now have a V90 with a Volvo electric folding towbar and have never heard a beep from it.

Just a thought.

Chudy85 May 6th, 2021 20:13

Yes my car have tow bar which is detachable but i have no idea if is it genuine one or not as i bought one year old car. and definitely isn't electric folding tow bar

I will have a look on it as this is maybe my case too.

Cassell Thank you.

I will update later when finally we will have at least one day with no rain :D and have to opportunity to check it

familymangreg May 7th, 2021 09:29

The only beep I can think of which comes from the back of the car (on my XC90 at least), is the beep from the tailgate if you either try to use the gesture control without the key in range, or press the close and lock button on the tailgate without the key in range. No idea if your car has either of these features, and clearly if it does it shouldn't be beeping randomly, but if might just help at least find the source of the beep, if not the cause.

:wq

weemark May 7th, 2021 17:30

Can u not go lie in the boot while someone else drives ...:icon_smile_lachuh:

Chudy85 May 7th, 2021 17:37

hahahhahaah :D I did it already but this bustard beep is never when i am there to find it out :D :D

Chudy85 May 12th, 2021 21:58

Ok i did try to find where this beep come from but i failed. But at least i know when is happening. It is happen when i am breaking and switch on indicator. There is 2 up to 4 beeps but really silence. This beep is similar to old car that had such of beep when indicator was activated.

🤯

AB-UK May 13th, 2021 09:36

The click of a relay pehaps?