Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   AAOS Google Maps Satellite View (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=326302)

Fibrous Jul 1st, 2022 09:01

AAOS Google Maps Satellite View

I wasn't aware this was now available so just in case anyone else missed it, there is a slider to switch on Satellite view in the Google Maps app. It will show in the centre display screen while leaving the drivers cockpit view as before. :regular_smile:

ElCap Jul 1st, 2022 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fibrous (Post 2831782)
I wasn't aware this was now available so just in case anyone else missed it, there is a slider to switch on Satellite view in the Google Maps app. It will show in the centre display screen while leaving the drivers cockpit view as before. :regular_smile:

Good to know - although I can’t find the slider in settings

Fibrous Jul 1st, 2022 10:57

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElCap (Post 2831805)
Good to know - although I can’t find the slider in settings

Thats odd, it should appear in the Google Maps Apps own settings menu as in the image here -

ElCap Jul 1st, 2022 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fibrous (Post 2831809)
Thats odd, it should appear in the Google Maps Apps own settings menu as in the image here -

It does now! Wasn’t there this morning - and now it is!
It aquite handy for when you are navigating locally in a town. We’re abroad just now so making use of it.

Sergeant Grumpy Jul 1st, 2022 13:33

Now showing on my MY22 V90 yet…..maybe a 2.2 upgrade? I’m still on 2.1

giftgrub100 Jul 1st, 2022 13:49

Just checked, have it on 2.1 on a C40, well spotted, looks good.

MG14 Jul 2nd, 2022 15:43

Thanks for posting, I found it today. Looks great. I’m still stuck on v2.0, which I need to sort out.

Barry.h Jul 4th, 2022 18:55

Just noticed that mine now has satellite option in map settings. Looks great, really pleased .

FreddieC73 Jul 4th, 2022 19:58

AAOS Maps and navigation

I don’t know if the two things are unrelated, but since the system updated and I have satellite view, the battery use is no longer optimised when navigation is active. The battery is used in full first, and then the ICE is switched on. Could somebody please check if I am alone in my misery or this is yet another bug? Thanks. I have a Volvo t6 recharge, MY22 with google automotive.

griffin447 Jul 4th, 2022 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreddieC73 (Post 2832416)
I don’t know if the two things are unrelated, but since the system updated and I have satellite view, the battery use is no longer optimised when navigation is active. The battery is used in full first, and then the ICE is switched on. Could somebody please check if I am alone in my misery or this is yet another bug? Thanks. I have a Volvo t6 recharge, MY22 with google automotive.

You need to reset the infotainment for the smart routing to work again. It’s happened several times to me since version 2.0. Very annoying!