Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   700/900 Series General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Thanks to all and goodbye! (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=322759)

MiniNinjaRob Jan 13th, 2022 13:24

Thanks to all and goodbye!

1 Attachment(s)
The Millennium Volcon was finally sold this morning to baabaablaine after 5 years of ownership - he seems like a great guy and is going to continue to look after it and do the work I was going to do.

I have encouraged him to post in this forum about the car.

I’ve been to cruises with the car, to the RetroRides gathering and the car has always been received well.

I’m probably not buying another Volvo yet but as we have loved Volvo ownership so much I’d love to get back in one another day.

I just wanted to say thanks to all who have helped me over the last 5 years, especially LairdScooby and anyone else who has offered advice. This is really a great forum - keep it up!

Have a great 2022 everyone - B230FTW!

(Picture is my wife trying to stop the car leaving us, she loved it!).

kiloran Jan 13th, 2022 21:56

You'll be back :)
Not usually a fan of tarmac coloured cars but that looks fantastic.

volvo always Jan 13th, 2022 22:05

Even though I have a modern Toyota Auris Hybrid that's cheap to run, £0 road tax and economical, my 1996 Volvo 940 LPT Auto puts the smile on my face. It has character.

Looking online at the tat on Facebook, I think your car was a bargain. Some would of been put off by the mileage but the condition is fantastic and lots of work done. We know the mileage isn't an issue.

Hope new buyer visits/posts on the VOC.

James:thumbs_up:

griston64 Jan 13th, 2022 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by volvo always (Post 2799763)
Even though I have a modern Toyota Auris Hybrid that's cheap to run, £0 road tax and economical, my 1996 Volvo 940 LPT Auto puts the smile on my face. It has character.

Looking online at the tat on Facebook, I think your car was a bargain. Some would of been put off by the mileage but the condition is fantastic and lots of work done. We know the mileage isn't an issue.

Hope new buyer visits/posts on the VOC.

The mileage means nothing if it's been well looked after. I'm in the process of rebuilding the turbo engine from the 940 I broke a couple of years back. It was on 240k and the bores are like new with perfect cross hatching and all the waterways are clear as a bell

Fantastic engines :teeth_smile:

volvo always Jan 13th, 2022 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by griston64 (Post 2799778)
The mileage means nothing if it's been well looked after. I'm in the process of rebuilding the turbo engine from the 940 I broke a couple of years back. It was on 240k and the bores are like new with perfect cross hatching and all the waterways are clear as a bell

Fantastic engines :teeth_smile:

Indeed, never had any issues with the engines. Just service them and all good.
My 207,000 mile B230FK still runs very well. My 1989 240GLT I sold at 234,000 the B230E also ran very well, when sold around 2018/9 for £500.

Sadly 240 on SORN by new owners, not retested. Advised chassis fractured on prior MOT, but not seriously weakened, be interesting if it gets a new MOT.