Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   200 Series General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   1976 244-DL parts availability (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=318696)

atombaum Jul 26th, 2021 17:05

1976 244-DL parts availability

I'm considering a 1976 244-DL, and it needs a few things, and I'm trying to gauge the difficulty in sourcing them. Please reply if you have insight on parts availability, or actually have the parts (include prices). Would prefer to find a one-stop-shop scenario. I know there are parts collectors out there.

Needs
• Square plastic escutcheon (easily broken) that surrounds the glove box key

• Dashboard heater/air vent controls: the far right side, and one of the center vents

• Fan switch (low speed not working)

• Period OEM Volvo AM/FM radio (has a working, period AM-only Volvo radio)

• I believe these had two-tone horns. It sounds like one horn is not working. I think the frequency is stamped on the horns, so if it's supposed to have two, I can get the other frequency. Please verify if this makes sense or not. Maybe some models only had a single-tone horn?

• Does the hazard switch have a replaceable bulb, or does the whole switch need to be replaced?

atombaum Jul 26th, 2021 22:40

Overdrive (O.D.) instrument cluster light

Did all 1976 244DLs with manual transmission have the push-button overdrive? Reason is I'm also looking for an instrument cluster with a working odometer and speedometer, tach, etc. and don't know if some manual gearbox cars did not have the cluster light for when the O.D. is enabled. If they all have that indicator, then as long as a cluster has the tachometer, I should be okay. Right? Please verify or enlighten!

mentepazza Jul 28th, 2021 15:16

Hi mate, I have actually all the parts you need.
I buy most parts off the swedish auction site Tradera.
Most items you mention are available in NOS condition.
However it takes a lot of time to find the right parts for the right price. If money not an issue there are a few people in Europe able to source all your parts in 24 hours. Not cheap though.
overdrive was optional at the time. 4 box standard, overdrive addition. I have also got one box with overdrive, I was planning to fit it under my 245L.
They dont have the push button, this is for later cars.
They do have a sliding switch, which is for sale brand new on Skandix.

atombaum Aug 3rd, 2021 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by mentepazza (Post 2757549)
However it takes a lot of time to find the right parts for the right price. If money not an issue there are a few people in Europe able to source all your parts in 24 hours. Not cheap though.
overdrive was optional at the time. 4 box standard, overdrive addition. I have also got one box with overdrive, I was planning to fit it under my 245L.

Correct, it has the sliding switch for the O.D.

atombaum Aug 14th, 2021 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by mentepazza (Post 2757549)

Reference photos of the fiber board trunk liners at this link.
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=318742

Q: Would you have the needed trunk liner panels? They seem to be no longer available from certain sources. If you don't have them, can you recommend someone who might?