Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   General Volvo and Motoring Discussions (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   General: VOC Shell Fuel Discount (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=315006)

DriverDen Mar 10th, 2021 14:16

VOC Shell Fuel Discount

Not sure this is the correct place to ask but has anyone successfully obtained the VOC Shell Fuel discount that was offered to us from mid Feb onwards.

I've attempted to apply twice and been rejected both times because the photo of my ID was not good enough. I'm now on my 3rd attempt and the unique code we have is no longer valid.

Anyone know if we had to join in a specified time period?

Paul Wildsmith Mar 10th, 2021 16:06

no, I tried and was 'declined'.

Petrol is cheaper from Tesco or others anyway.

green van man Mar 10th, 2021 16:51

Even if it worked the nearest shell garage is 12 miles from me so not a lot of use.

Paul.

mark2410 Mar 12th, 2021 23:09

i did it fine, no problems. although you cannot change the pin on the card so you have to use what they randomly give you. Im not sure quite how useful thats going to be so as of yet, ive still not used the card

mark2410 Mar 13th, 2021 13:11

does anyone have the discount figures it gives again, i cant recal what tehy are

Chris Wickers Mar 13th, 2021 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 (Post 2717927)
does anyone have the discount figures it gives again, i cant recal what tehy are

It is 1p on normal fuel and 2p on V Power.

Kind regards

Chris

mark2410 Apr 3rd, 2021 13:22

thanks to some card fraud i had a new card and thus my payment to shell failed, now i cant get a hold of them and they emailed me to to say account is closed and passed to a debt collection agency!!!!

i get i should have updated the card info but never gave it a thought, but this seems a wild and extreme over reaction. I am hoping its a mistake and they havent actually done so because if they have and my credit rating gets destroyed over this itll be the last time i buy anything from Shell.

others, be warned.

js90 Apr 3rd, 2021 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 (Post 2725036)
thanks to some card fraud i had a new card and thus my payment to shell failed, now i cant get a hold of them and they emailed me to to say account is closed and passed to a debt collection agency!!!!

i get i should have updated the card info but never gave it a thought, but this seems a wild and extreme over reaction. I am hoping its a mistake and they havent actually done so because if they have and my credit rating gets destroyed over this itll be the last time i buy anything from Shell.

others, be warned.

Unfortunately they only let you add one payment method. You'd think if they were going to be that heavy handed they'd allow you to store backup payment methods for these situations.

BrianH Apr 3rd, 2021 19:55

Shell and LPG

I have been running my 245 GL on LPG for 20 Years.

Its not always easy to find it as the stations can
be few and far between, well worth it for it being a green fuel, no NOX or particles . It is also very cheap. In Bristol Asda this week 52.7ppl.

SHELL CANCELLED ALL LPG from its outlets. No notice that I saw!

I sent them an email last month during lock down. Shell replied LPG made no profit.

I have cancelled my card.

BrianH

js90 Sep 20th, 2021 10:11

As some time has now passed, does anyone have any feedback on this? How regularly do you use it? Is it worth it? I've signed up and have a card all ready to go, I haven't used it yet though.