Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Issues with Software Update + Lag (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=318219)

Sphinx2000 Jul 8th, 2021 14:52

Issues with Software Update + Lag

Hi,

I had my XC60 serviced yesterday and the latest software was applied.

The car now feels sluggish, and there is a approx 1 sec lag when pulling out of roundabouts.

I remember when the Nov 2019 Gearbox update was applied at the last service and this issue was resolved, so i am not sure why it has reverted back, especially as I have Polestar on the car.

Anyone experience more laggyness after a software update? Be keen to hear your experiences.

Thanks.

weemark Jul 8th, 2021 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sphinx2000 (Post 2751523)
Hi,

I had my XC60 serviced yesterday and the latest software was applied.

The car now feels sluggish, and there is a approx 1 sec lag when pulling out of roundabouts.

I remember when the Nov 2019 Gearbox update was applied at the last service and this issue was resolved, so i am not sure why it has reverted back, especially as I have Polestar on the car.

Anyone experience more laggyness after a software update? Be keen to hear your experiences.

Thanks.

Haven't overwritten/deactivated/deinstalled P* have they?

Rocinante Jul 8th, 2021 15:46

I have a vague recollection of someone on here having a software update at a service, but the service dept., neglecting the fact that he had Polestar, and so effectively overwriting the polestar upgrade.

Wouldn't swear my recollection was accurate, though, might not even be possible to do that. Not sure how you would check either.

Tresco85 Jul 8th, 2021 17:42

We had a software update done on Monday as someone said on the forum that the latest update helped with the gearbox lag but I don’t think it has improved it or made it worse. The last update on the was done on the service in October.
There is a new icon appearing on start up now of a small car where the temperature is.

VOLVOL0VER Jul 9th, 2021 01:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tresco85 (Post 2751589)
We had a software update done on Monday as someone said on the forum that the latest update helped with the gearbox lag but I don’t think it has improved it or made it worse. The last update on the was done on the service in October.
There is a new icon appearing on start up now of a small car where the temperature is.

Can you take a photo?

Chudy85 Jul 9th, 2021 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tresco85 (Post 2751589)

Really sad to hear that ;(
I said on forum that they solved my transmission lag during June update. Opposite to you i really have huge lag before update but after new software was loaded my gearbox behaves much better.

I haven't noticed that icon on my display :omg_smile:

Please update picture with it

Tresco85 Jul 9th, 2021 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by VOLVOL0VER (Post 2751690)
Can you take a photo?

I will take a photo hopefully later but now on 1st startup where the temperature readout is above the dials a little car appears and shows a dot on the seats that are in use and then disappears after a few minutes and goes back to the temperature display.

volvo s60 2001 Jul 9th, 2021 15:45

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by VOLVOL0VER (Post 2751690)
Can you take a photo?

Here it is ⬇️

js90 Jul 9th, 2021 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by volvo s60 2001 (Post 2751927)
Here it is ⬇️

So... that replaces the outside temp for a while after starting the car? How annoying. What was wrong with the previous message in the middle of the display that you could just dismiss with the steering wheel button? :angry_smile:

I don't like change :D

volvo s60 2001 Jul 9th, 2021 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by js90 (Post 2751934)
So... that replaces the outside temp for a while after starting the car? How annoying. What was wrong with the previous message in the middle of the display that you could just dismiss with the steering wheel button? :angry_smile:

I don't like change :D

Well it stays for about a minute and then the temperature takes its place. Not annoying IMO.

There is one more new future for the cars which have Park assist. On the sensus under the message when to stop or to put in either reverse or forward, there is a line of many blue bars, which reduces with the maneuver and it is actually trying to tell for how long the maneuver will be before you need to press the brakes.