Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   General Volvo and Motoring Discussions (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Anti skid service required c30 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=173244)

Sprout Feb 14th, 2013 18:02

Anti skid service required c30

Need help. This message came up 3 weeks ago took it to the garage and he put it on the diagnostic machine and came up with abs module codes. He sent off the abs module to be fixed he put it back on and I had the car back I went away the weekend and the anti skid came on again, it seems to happen going up hills on the motorway but it seemed ok on a dual carriageway! I did have the turbo changed Around Xmas a recon one. Driving around normal roads it perfect. The machanic said he aint got a clue the machine ain't showing no codes at all now!

Has anyone for any ideas?

SonyVaio Feb 14th, 2013 18:26

Have you had and slipd, slides or bangs with the car at all? If so you may want to start with any wheel that has had a bash.

You get the anti skid message for other reasons such as a faulty reluctor ring or ABS sensor on one of the wheel. I would expect some sort of code though if it has managed to generate the Anti-Skid message on the dash.

Do you have the original codes the car came up with at all?

:star-wars-smiley-01

Sprout Feb 14th, 2013 18:30

No bangs maybe slips in the snow but its strange that there ain't no codes. It seems it happens when accelerating up a hill on m/way, do you think it may be the turbo failing under pressure?

SonyVaio Feb 14th, 2013 20:47

No absolutely not, the turbo and 'Anti-Skid' message have absolutely nothing in common and are completely unrelated in every way.

The fact that you've had the ABS unit off and this has been sent for a refurb repair then it may still be the actual ABS unit causing the problem. You're problem lies somewhere in the brake/ABS and possible DTC or DSTC system, whichever one your car is fitted with.

Try and turn off DTC/DSTC and see if it makes any difference, unfortunately it is hard without somesort of code to point you in the right direction. Just out of interest what kind of code reader was used to read the car? Some generic ones don't give specfic codes.

WillV70D5 Feb 14th, 2013 20:50

Worth checking the hub bolts - mine were very loose and triggering the same warning message - presumably something to do with the abs ring thing.

Tightened them up and no more message.

Sprout Feb 14th, 2013 21:00

It's dstc but I'm sure you can't turn it off?? It was fine before it didn't cone on probs the snow but not 100% sure.
Would having the wheel aligned make a difference and what part of the hub is loose I did have the wheel bearings changed a while ago??
Also would the sensor be dirty from the snow and how would I clean it??

marc Feb 14th, 2013 21:03

You can turn off the DSTC by selecting it with the wheel on the L/H stalk (you'll see a message on the dash) then press and hold the menu button on the same stalk, you'll see the message change after a few seconds to DSTC OFF!

Well, words to that effect anyway.

Sprout Feb 14th, 2013 21:07

Will try that iv tried before which makes me think I couldn't turn it off, the code reader I ain't sure about but he did get the other codes for the abs module but even that ain't coming up now!

Would having the dpf removed make any difference with air flow?

SonyVaio Feb 14th, 2013 21:37

As said above you can turn DSTC off, although it doesnt actually turn off completely even though it says off.

Might be worth asking if anyone in the Birmingham area had Vida/Dice and able to give your car a read for codes - worth a try.

Sprout Feb 15th, 2013 07:36

I turned off the dstc it when I went up a hill it seemed to lose power, quite interesting!
I'm going away the weekend for a night so I will try it again the m/way.