Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   x40 S1 Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Induction kit and dump valve for 2.0 Turbo (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=96718)

gav525 May 28th, 2010 17:39

Induction kit and dump valve for 2.0 Turbo

Anyone have any of these knocking around for a 1999 2.0 Turbo S40? I'm just having a mess around, hence not wanting to buy new parts!

gmain1967 May 29th, 2010 19:00

TBH, depending on what type you are after, your probably just as cheap buying it new.

If your after a k & n (part number kn57-0259), you can get that for about £65 delivered. Amber Performance or Demon Tweeks are good for these.

For that you get the filter, a support bracket that goes to the strut top, and a cold air feed. If you don't have foglights fitted, do what I did and cut the blanking cover to suit (looks far better than tie wrapping it to the lip spoiler, where a speed bump or kerb will take it off within a few days....!

Cheers

T4Rick Jun 9th, 2010 19:27

I have a dump valve think its a motorsport one with t piece.you can also service it aswell.i do have a induction kit a k&n item off another vechile.ive had it 2months and got rid of the car.

lmacc1978 Jul 2nd, 2010 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick81 (Post 684838)
I have a dump valve think its a motorsport one with t piece.you can also service it aswell.i do have a induction kit a k&n item off another vechile.ive had it 2months and got rid of the car.

have u still got them for sale??? if u have can u pm me thanks

gmain1967 Jul 3rd, 2010 08:32

Just remember that for the dumpvalve to work properly, you require to remove the recirculating valve on the turbo, and blank the opening off. And for the valve to work properly with a lower pressure turbo, you may need to source a weaker spring.

T4Rick Jul 3rd, 2010 13:21

The dumpvalve i have is servicable,you can change the springs and i ran the dump valve on my frst and erst on std boost at first and was fine.I have ran it on my volvo and again fine also.Not sure on when you would have to change the springs but for 20 quid with a t piece and piece of hose is good in my book.I dont need to dump valves and its sat here doing nothing

gmain1967 Jul 3rd, 2010 15:44

I wasn't trying to put someone off Rick, just that they will need the blanking plate at a minimum. £20 is cheap, but if you need a blanking plate, that's another £21 for the Forge part that I'm familiar with.

Could run it with the recirc valve still in place, but with a low pressure setup, I doubt the dumpvalve would open at all - all the work would be done by the recirc valve. That was my experience on my T4, with more boost as standard.

T4Rick Jul 3rd, 2010 18:51

Its ok gmain i wasnt getting at anyone.You will need a blanking plate.when i bought my t4 mine was already on