Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Regular Midlands meet - Caffein & Machine (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=309218)

Clark Aug 23rd, 2020 14:18

Regular Midlands meet - Caffein & Machine

2 Attachment(s)
I’ve been going to C&M regularly now and always have an awesome time due to the calibre of the ever-evolving car park. I went yesterday and parked my 850R next to it’s ancestor. It got me thinking, why don’t we have a bi-monthly/quarterly get together for those of us in the Midlands? All Volvo’s welcome of course (particularly 850’s).

It’s an awesome informal location to meet and chat to like minded people, which allows social distancing measures followed. It made me feel really good as I’d not been to a ‘car event’ for months (it wasn’t even a car event).

This may already be happening but I’m not aware of it as I’m not on Facebook. Thoughts? Ideas? It would be something I’d look forward to :)

andy_d Aug 24th, 2020 02:11

i would be interested but not until the utter BS "track and trace" crap as well as the "social distancing" bollox is ended,

wrinkles Aug 28th, 2020 16:21

I ran one a few years ago we met at the Eagle at Galey . it ran for a year and just fizzeld out.

markas Sep 5th, 2020 22:21

Be interested

Hi all,
I seen they do meets and that would be good too as now that I’ve moved from the winterfell of the north to north staffs Stratford isn’t to far to meet.
Thanks,
M

Clark Apr 15th, 2021 17:51

Lockdown easing

Hey all,

It's looking like we are getting closer to being able to get a Midlands meet in the diaries ;) C&M is also open.

markas Apr 25th, 2021 19:33

I’m in

Hi all,
Yes been myself twice one with my tank 850 after the Amazon meet last year with a detour back to north staffs and again just for a day out as Stratford was rammed ! keep me in the loop as I go to the car and coffee in Manchester Barton airfield too.
Thanks

packers1712 Apr 27th, 2021 12:24

I'll keep my eye on this thread for news on future meets!

Doug.

Carlsson 986 May 1st, 2021 00:06

It's on my doorstep, but won't be coming if they are still charging £10 to park your car there! Absolute nonsense!

Rich850R Aug 23rd, 2021 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlsson 986 (Post 2733266)
It's on my doorstep, but won't be coming if they are still charging £10 to park your car there! Absolute nonsense!

only certain events you will have to pay, i bet you are fun at a party arent you!!

Its one of the coolest places to visit if you are a car enthusiast, can easily lose a day there, from the sublime to the most ridiculous cars to walk around and admire, fantastic food, stunning art work.

Its not like being charged £10 to park at your locals Tesco, go on live a little and stump up a tenner, you never know you might enjoy yourself

The Thong Aug 29th, 2021 10:34

Afaik, it’s a fiver to park on Saturday’s and Sundays due to volume and you get a drink thrown in with the entrance fee. I live near the place (30 mins away), weekdays are the best time to go but that’s little use 😂😂😂 for a regular club meet.

TT