Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   How much harsher is an R Design? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=315821)

Stevepvolvo Apr 7th, 2021 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by charles p (Post 2726397)
Thanks. I have been sorely tempted by a V90CC, largely attracted by epic depreciation in the first couple of years making them great value. However, a combination of sense, solid reports of ownership and inbuilt meanness has drawn me towards an older XC60.

Charles

Same here ! I have a 2015 XC60 which I have had for 3 years and before that a 2009 XC60 for 4 years. Before XC60 I had 2 XC70s over a 5 year period and I really enjoyed both but needed to go to the XC60 due to tall kids (headroom and leg room strangely better in the taller but shorter XC60 at the back). I tow a 1500KG tourer and like to drive to Austria in winter. Thinking of a change and with the climate move away from diesel am looking at petrol. Have also "fallen" across the v90cc T5 and boy what a lot of kit you get and the prices for a 3 year old are practically 50% making them incredibly good value. Shame they don't make the XC70 any more.
So am interested in what made you veer away from the v90CC?

charles p Apr 7th, 2021 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevepvolvo (Post 2726601)
Same here ! I have a 2015 XC60 which I have had for 3 years and before that a 2009 XC60 for 4 years. Before XC60 I had 2 XC70s over a 5 year period and I really enjoyed both but needed to go to the XC60 due to tall kids (headroom and leg room strangely better in the taller but shorter XC60 at the back). I tow a 1500KG tourer and like to drive to Austria in winter. Thinking of a change and with the climate move away from diesel am looking at petrol. Have also "fallen" across the v90cc T5 and boy what a lot of kit you get and the prices for a 3 year old are practically 50% making them incredibly good value. Shame they don't make the XC70 any more.
So am interested in what made you veer away from the v90CC?

I veered away from the V90CC T5 really through meanness and a puritanical voice in my head telling me that spending £22-23k on a car is just plain daft when a £15/16k XC60 will do everything I want, and more. I'd prefer petrol but up until 2 years ago petrol cars were really the preserve of Japanese manufacturers, so I'm looking at diesel. The only petrol XC60s seem to be Japanese imports with the Ford Powershift chocolate autobox, which I don't want.

Sotosound:
An XC70 would fit the bill admirably (I've had 5 V70s so like the cars) but they are much rarer and tend to command higher prices.

Stevepvolvo Apr 8th, 2021 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by charles p (Post 2726726)
I veered away from the V90CC T5 really through meanness and a puritanical voice in my head telling me that spending £22-23k on a car is just plain daft when a £15/16k XC60 will do everything I want, and more. I'd prefer petrol but up until 2 years ago petrol cars were really the preserve of Japanese manufacturers, so I'm looking at diesel. The only petrol XC60s seem to be Japanese imports with the Ford Powershift chocolate autobox, which I don't want.

As I am now looking at the latest gen of XC60 then the pricepoints of the XC60 and V90cc actually makes the V90cc better value particularly as I like "toys" and the v90cc comes with all the toys I like to have as standard.
Quite a big vehicle though and such a shame the XC70 is no longer made as that was "just the right size" :)

charles p Apr 8th, 2021 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevepvolvo (Post 2726824)
As I am now looking at the latest gen of XC60 then the pricepoints of the XC60 and V90cc actually makes the V90cc better value particularly as I like "toys" and the v90cc comes with all the toys I like to have as standard.
Quite a big vehicle though and such a shame the XC70 is no longer made as that was "just the right size" :)

I like toys but I can't help worrying about the cost of maintaining them.
I like to be ecologically friendly and keep a car for a long time - 6 or 7 more years and maybe 200K