Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   200 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Stunning 240 estate (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=319022)

loki_the_glt Jan 9th, 2022 17:10

As our boss (or cat as they are sometime known) has taken up residence on my lap I can't get to SFSS to check but the window switches should be attached to the door armrests. Methinks Euro-spec GLTs are nearer the early UK-police spec cars with the injected engine but GL-spec Trico Plush trim.

john.wigley Jan 9th, 2022 17:24

There would indeed appear to be anomalies in the specification / equipment level, 'L.S.'

I had an '83 245 GLT and it was equipped from the factory with E/W x 4, A/C, the same MOD transmission and auxiliary gauges. The only difference was that mine had an analogue external temperature gauge / ice alert where this example would appear to have a digital one in the bottom LH corner of the cluster. I must confess that I did not realise that the oil temperature gauge was a rarity - I didn't think that was so in period.

It had the same blue plush interior, which I much preferred to leather, and was finished in a dark blue metallic.

I think the only nonstandard 'extra' was the A/C. I understood that the car was an ex-embassy vehicle, which may explain why it was originally specified.

I think I paid £1600 for it at 12 years old, doubled the mileage to 120K in three years, and sold it on for £500 - How times change!

Regards, John.

Othen Jan 13th, 2022 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laird Scooby (Post 2798341)
Seems my cynical guess was right, he pulled it at the last minute to avoid ebay fees for a non-sale! :err:

I think he's lapped us, the amount of times it's been for sale then sold then back up for sale Andrew! :err: :eek: :err:

I think Rikvdub may have done the same trick again and pulled the ad just before the end of the auction to avoid fees. It had not received even an opening bid (at £3,500). It still seems to be on sale at C&C, so we may well see it again.

Laird Scooby Jan 13th, 2022 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Othen (Post 2799702)
I think Rikvdub may have done the same trick again and pulled the ad just before the end of the auction to avoid fees. It had not received even an opening bid (at £3,500). It still seems to be on sale at C&C, so we may well see it again.

Maybe it was sold to someone in the USA again Alan! :tongwink:

Othen Jan 13th, 2022 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laird Scooby (Post 2799718)

Ah, I’d forgotten about that very likely possibility Dave.

Alan.

Othen Jan 14th, 2022 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laird Scooby (Post 2799718)

It is marked as sold on the C&C site now Dave. We will never know what it made, my guess would be 3 grand.

:-)

Familyman 90 Jan 14th, 2022 08:49

Blimey, someone buys it for 9 grand and then sells it a month later for 3 large.

What a plonker!

Moomoo Jan 14th, 2022 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Familyman 90 (Post 2799810)
Blimey, someone buys it for 9 grand and then sells it a month later for 3 large.

What a plonker!

As my father would have said, “ too soft to laugh at.” 😀

loki_the_glt Jan 14th, 2022 09:38

Tax dodge? Or, more sinisterly, money-laundering? Or a simple inability to count beyond 1?

Moomoo Jan 14th, 2022 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by loki_the_glt (Post 2799819)
Tax dodge? Or, more sinisterly, money-laundering? Or a simple inability to count beyond 1?

I think if we want to categorise, we need look no further than the outburst that resulted in his banning!

🤡🤡🤡