Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   PV, 120, 1800 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   1966 volvo 131 amazon coupe with rover v8 running gear £1750 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=183580)

dean weir Jun 29th, 2013 20:07

1966 volvo 131 amazon coupe with rover v8 running gear £1750

5 Attachment(s)
1966 VOLVO 131 AMAZON COUPE WITH ROVER V8 RUNNING GEAR FITTED

Manufacturer: VOLVO
Model: 131 AMAZON
Type: Coupe
Colour: BLUE
Reg. Date: 01/07/1966
Fuel: PETROL
Previous Owners: 3

LAID UP FOR AROUND 8 YEARS IN SOUTH-EAST LONDON, WHEN THE PREVIOUS OWNER DIED SUDDENLY..

A ROVER V8 ENGINE AND AUTOMATIC GEARBOX IS FITTED ( I EXPECT THE ENGINE BAY,BULKHEAD AND GEARBOX TUNNEL, HAVE BEEN EXTENSIVELY MODIFIED!! )
TWIN EXHAUST PIPES FITTED
A COMPLETE WOODEN DASHBOARD AND STEERING WHEEL ( FROM A JAGUAR XJ6 ) HAS BEEN VERY POORLY FITTED
S/STEEL WHEELS ( FROM A JAGUAR XJ6 ) ARE WHAT IS CURRENTLY ON THE CAR NOW.. ..
DIFFERENT FRONT SEATS

THERE IS A DENT ON THE PASSENGER SIDE DOOR AND MINOR DAMAGE TO THE PASSENGER SIDE FRONT WING ( SEE PICTURE )
AFTER MARKET SUNROOF FITTED ( LEAK FREE! )

VERY SOLID UNDERNEATH
THE CAR APPARENTLY, RUNS AND DRIVES!!!

I AM SORRY, THERE IS NO PAPERWORK AT ALL WITH THIS CAR ( HPI CLEAR, AS I CHECKED WITH 2 DIFFERRENT COMPANIES!! PAPERWORK TO PROVE!! )
NO KEYS ( JAGUAR IGNITION WAS FITTED, NOW BROKEN )
THE CAR'S LAST TAX EXPIRED 12/08

PLEASE PLEASE CALL FOR MORE DETAILS
I HAVE OVER 30 IMAGES, YOU CAN OBTAIN, VIA EMAIL : deanweir32@hotmail.com

i can be contacted on : 07963238120 for more details

I AM IN FOREST HILL SOUTH-EAST LONDON SE23

simon roberts Jun 30th, 2013 10:51

One for the crem!

123GT-AMAZON Jul 3rd, 2013 19:29

:) a big project by the looks of it nice shade of blue :)

Iamtheonlyreal1 Jul 4th, 2013 06:24

I cant get past the rear flares..? :sad-smiley-023:

PenR Jul 4th, 2013 22:03

Just like a fairy tale - grimm!!!
Not so much customised more like vandalised!

123GT-AMAZON Jul 4th, 2013 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenR (Post 1445147)
Just like a fairy tale - grimm!!!
Not so much customised more like vandalised!

yup the soul has been ripped outta it so to speak but least they left the oem rear bumper on ;)

david philips Jul 4th, 2013 22:22

what ever happened to this car ?

did it sell? what i can not understand is why would any one fit a rover v8 to a volvo it was a great bullet prove engine in its day and used in kit cars and sports cars but compared to even a 740 turbo petrol pity full.

it would have been a lot less work to fit a 740 engine and have in my view a better result.

heckflosse Jul 8th, 2013 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1800necwinner (Post 1445164)
yup the soul has been ripped outta it so to speak but least they left the oem rear bumper on ;)

Not wishing to be rude about someone else's car, but the Jag dash and flares look is rather, well, seventies?
If anyone takes this on, which would be a scary project due to the DVLA side of things,they will have their work cut out.
As for the other posts re Rover engines, I swapped several in the past, not a patch on a Chevy though.
Anyone feeling brave?

123GT-AMAZON Jul 8th, 2013 21:30

yes i agree everyone has there own way they would like to do a car or have a certain look , i must say i do like the blue color i would have a car that color but other areas on the car i would revert back to oem like the dash , front bumber etc

i would tho as im sure the rear arches have been cut fairly do a flare more like the project x has been done more to taste and blended in ;) if i was doing that kind of look would defo go that way down the path :)

Robert

MrAP Jul 22nd, 2013 18:04

I see that the new owner is now seeking parts for this Amazon via eBay so it looks like it will be getting a new lease of life. I'll be dropping them a message and directing them to this forum!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hot-rod-Ra...item19df86311d