Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   S40/V50 T5 Wanted (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=329886)

Shakrally Jan 4th, 2023 09:28

S40/V50 T5 Wanted

Hi all

I'm after an S40 or V50 T5 please.

Please let me know if you are considering selling or have one for sale.

Many thanks.

domhart10 Jan 4th, 2023 15:38

There are quite a few around for sale at the moment, combination of Facebook / Autotrader / ebay.

Saw one on ebay that looked quite good

This is

Shakrally Jan 5th, 2023 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by domhart10 (Post 2869301)
There are quite a few around for sale at the moment, combination of Facebook / Autotrader / ebay.

Saw one on ebay that looked quite good

This is

Thanks. I'm in talks with this one at the moment. It's currently my fave to go look at. Just a shame it's so far away and it's train strikes all week!

domhart10 Jan 5th, 2023 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shakrally (Post 2869552)
Thanks. I'm in talks with this one at the moment. It's currently my fave to go look at. Just a shame it's so far away and it's train strikes all week!

yeh its tough, but that one has lowish miles for a car that is quite old now.

There are other T5's that appear but mileage tends to be a lot higher sadly.

Shakrally Jan 5th, 2023 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by domhart10 (Post 2869567)
yeh its tough, but that one has lowish miles for a car that is quite old now.

There are other T5's that appear but mileage tends to be a lot higher sadly.

I like to think they are owners who have really enjoyed their cars haha.
It is frustrating seeing very high mile cars for sale at ridiculous prices though.

LizardOfBodom Jan 6th, 2023 09:49

Cant but wonder, is that mileage really that low? :shocked: Any way to verify that with previous MOTs etc, just in case you are going forward with buing plans? Not saying its impossible but 69k for 2007 car, wowza. My 2005 recently hit 200k...
sidenote - listed as 2007 but its clearly fl model, thought those were 2008+ only as of registration date?

domhart10 Jan 6th, 2023 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizardOfBodom (Post 2869758)
Cant but wonder, is that mileage really that low? :shocked: Any way to verify that with previous MOTs etc, just in case you are going forward with buing plans? Not saying its impossible but 69k for 2007 car, wowza. My 2005 recently hit 200k...
sidenote - listed as 2007 but its clearly fl model, thought those were 2008+ only as of registration date?

yeh you can check as it will be on the MOT. Probably hasnt been used that much and these examples do crop up recently but more rarely. Most that crop up will easily be over 100k by now.

Shakrally Jan 6th, 2023 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizardOfBodom (Post 2869758)

I had a look at old MOTs and it checks out. Current owner has only done about 1000 miles a year in it.
Previous owner had done a few more and apparently worked at Bilstein and took good care of it.
Doesn't sound like it's had a hard life and ultimately will continue that way with me, as I only do about 6000 miles each year.

I did wonder the same about the year and it being a FL. I'm not savvy with all the differences so was not too sure. I wondered if it had a mix of FL and PFL bits as it's on the changeover point. Think it was registered October 2007.

That would make both Volvos I own changeover year cars! Parts shopping will be fun

LizardOfBodom Jan 6th, 2023 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shakrally (Post 2869776)
That would make both Volvos I own changeover year cars! Parts shopping will be fun

ah ok then, its a solid low mileage example then, should last forever! :)

changeover year - I wouldnt think so. Seen few of them and from outside those look pre-FL and inside bits are FL, here you have FL lights front/back, bumpers (even exhaust tips are FL one) and also whole inside FL aswell (mid tunell etc). In theory it IS possible to swap all that from FL car but to that degree here, it would require so much hassle, im doubtful. Maybe car is actually 2008 and owner just put wrong figure?
nice example regardless, im just nitpicking :tongwink:

LizardOfBodom Jan 11th, 2023 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shakrally (Post 2869226)
Hi all

I'm after an S40 or V50 T5 please.

Please let me know if you are considering selling or have one for sale.

Many thanks.

One is being sold now on UK V50 facebook group, seen the post yesterday 1800GBP with 1y MOT, red colour, have a look there maybe.