Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC90 '02–'15 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   XC90 D5 2011 200 HP injector questions. HELP PLEASE!! (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=313713)

Easty100 Jan 27th, 2021 15:08

XC90 D5 2011 200 HP injector questions. HELP PLEASE!!

2 Attachment(s)
Hi all, Its my first post for a long while but have been reading a lot on here recently but can’t seem to find the info I need.
Essentially I have the above mentioned XC90. Its done 150k and I thought of doing some work to keep the old girl going.
It needed swirl flaps replacing amongst other things as mpg was about 27 which I have done (a lot of rubbish cleaned out from ports, inlet manifold, EGR, throttle body etc) problem is that in the process of removing injector 5 it was seized and I have cracked the 28mm (I think) nut at the top. Nightmare! (Pic attached)

Anyway, after reading a lot on here about classes of injectors I cannot work out what mine are? In the place of the circle with the 1,2 or 3 in I have what look like little QR codes on mine? (Pic attached)

After searching eBay for a replacement there seems to be a couple with the same part number 0445110 251 30750283 but are for 185 HP model? None seem to refer to the later model.

My first question is whether they’re the same on both models? Secondly how do I know what class I have and what I am to buy?

Thanks in advance, it clearly now doesn’t want to start at all as clearly no 5 is letting air in? I am pulling my hair out trying to find the right info, perhaps my use of the search function could be better than it is.

outnumbered Jan 27th, 2021 17:42

Your injectors are no classed, just go with the part no that start with the 3 .
If you are changing two then they will have to have software download , either at a dealers or indie. 2 years ago I paid £70 for two coding
Mike

outnumbered Jan 27th, 2021 17:43

How many are you after

Easty100 Jan 27th, 2021 17:55

Thank you for your reply, just the one hopefully! Number 5, furthest right? So no need to code with this one replacement? In that case ref part numbers it seems then that the 200 hp injectors used are the same as that from the 185 hp then.

outnumbered Jan 27th, 2021 19:44

Yes
I have one if you want to try it to solve your issue. Pay for the postage and if it sorts it you can pay then.
Mike

paddy74 Jan 27th, 2021 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by outnumbered (Post 2703605)
Yes
I have one if you want to try it to solve your issue. Pay for the postage and if it sorts it you can pay then.
Mike

See that's the kind of thinking, the world would need much more of! :) Thanks for brightening the day a little bit! :)

Easty100 Jan 27th, 2021 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by outnumbered (Post 2703605)
Yes
Mike

Mike that’s very kind and gentlemanly of you! And exactly why this forum is golden. After your reply earlier though I bought one on eBay for £43 from an 08 which has apparently been checked on VIDA and leak back tested to spec from a gentleman that goes by xc90heaven? It comes on Saturday. He was very helpful, not sure if he’s known on here. He said it would be plug and play so hopefully with the swirl flaps plus clean out, injector, full service, new glow plugs, coolant flush etc it should be good for a while! Planning on changing gearbox oil too for price of mind.

outnumbered Jan 27th, 2021 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easty100 (Post 2703626)
Mike that’s very kind and gentlemanly of you! And exactly why this forum is golden. After your reply earlier though I bought one on eBay for £43 from an 08 which has apparently been checked on VIDA and leak back tested to spec from a gentleman that goes by xc90heaven? It comes on Saturday. He was very helpful, not sure if he’s known on here. He said it would be plug and play so hopefully with the swirl flaps plus clean out, injector, full service, new glow plugs, coolant flush etc it should be good for a while! Planning on changing gearbox oil too for price of mind.

No problem hope you get it sorted
Mike

Easty100 Feb 1st, 2021 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by outnumbered (Post 2703638)
No problem hope you get it sorted
Mike

Just as a follow up, I received the seconded hand 185 hp injector I got from eBay, fitted it with a new genuine mounting kit and fuel filter it solved my issue immediately. Thanks again for your assistance and good will.