Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   XC60 MY2010 Pricelist (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=72406)

NewVolvo May 13th, 2009 22:08

XC60 MY2010 Pricelist

Finally, Volvo UK have uploaded the new pricelist and spec for the MY2010 model...

(as some know, I have had this for almost 2 months....)

http://www.volvocars.com/uk/All-Cars...0pricelist.pdf

Click the link for full .pdf price list.

GMcL May 14th, 2009 12:57

Thanks for this.
I thought the new D5 engine would be EuroV compliant, surprised to see it's only IV.
Does anyone know if this will be V compliant anytime soon or is it a typo in the brochure ?

NewVolvo May 14th, 2009 14:31

Just had a look at the Volvo homepage and yes, the new D5 is still "only" Euro IV compliant.

Not that it makes much difference to most people as EURO V are only required as of September 2009. So that means Volvo (and many other manufacturers) will still make amendments to their engines.

For Info:
Euro VI starts September 2014 (proposed)

GMcL May 14th, 2009 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewVolvo (Post 504935)
Not that it makes much difference to most people as EURO V are only required as of September 2009.

It appears a bit of an oversight to have MY10 cars not compliant with legislation coming into force Sept. 09.

It may not have much impact in the UK however, where I live we have windscreen stickers which show pretty much which Euro group the vehicle sits in. These are then phased out and excluded from certain roads, EuII being excluded from Jan. 2010. To buy an EuIV car now would be crazy as it will have a shorter life span (years shorter) than the EuV car which should be available in the next three or four months.

I would really like one of these new D5 engines in the new S60 but will have to wait until the emissions catch up.

StewartM May 14th, 2009 15:49

I honestly believe it is a typo.

In the new S80 one, it suggests the new D5 is EU5, but the new 2.4D is EU4.

Got to be a mistake.

Stewart.

XC60Monkey May 14th, 2009 15:55

It looks like Volco have upped the prices to negate the effect of the VAT discount - am hoping to order a new XC60 on Saturday - hope they will still give me the old prices

NewVolvo May 15th, 2009 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMcL (Post 504937)
It appears a bit of an oversight to have MY10 cars not compliant with legislation coming into force Sept. 09.

It may not have much impact in the UK however, where I live we have windscreen stickers which show pretty much which Euro group the vehicle sits in. These are then phased out and excluded from certain roads, EuII being excluded from Jan. 2010. To buy an EuIV car now would be crazy as it will have a shorter life span (years shorter) than the EuV car which should be available in the next three or four months.

I would really like one of these new D5 engines in the new S60 but will have to wait until the emissions catch up.

You live in Germany..... :-)

I work a lot in Germany and I can't say I agree with this system, if you have an old classic car (like my 780 with no catalyser) you can't drive this in, say, central Berlin. I understand the fundementals with this and in a way agree, just think it's a pity for classic cars.

Re the Euro 5, yes, I agree also. It would be a huge drawback for Volvo re this.

GMcL May 15th, 2009 17:59

The German people love their old cars so have made allowances for this:

Unrestricted access for historic vehicles
Historic vehicles registered in Germany and carrying an “H” or a red “07” historic car licence plate are
exempt from the emissions labelling regulation and do not require a sticker to access low-emission
zones.
This exemption applies also to foreign-registered historic cars. However, the vehicles should meet
equivalent standards as the vehicles qualifying for a German “H” or red “07” licence plate. As a prerequisite,
the vehicles must be at least 30 years old. And they have to be well-preserved. Inappropriate
conversions will not be accepted – unless coeval modifications.
The international FIVA Identity Card (Fédération Internationale des Véhicules Anciens) is further evidence
for a foreign-registered car qualifying as a historic vehicle. The FIVA Identity Card can be obtained
from the national FIVA clubs. For further information, please visit www.fiva.org.
When parking their historic vehicles in a low-emission zone, the owners should visibly display on the
inside of the windscreen a copy of the national vehicle registration certificate indicating the vehicle’s
age, and, if applicable, the FIVA Identity Card.

Only 25.5 years to go for my S60 :)

NewVolvo May 16th, 2009 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMcL (Post 505432)
The German people love their old cars so have made allowances for this:

Unrestricted access for historic vehicles
Historic vehicles registered in Germany and carrying an “H” or a red “07” historic car licence plate are
exempt from the emissions labelling regulation and do not require a sticker to access low-emission
zones.
This exemption applies also to foreign-registered historic cars. However, the vehicles should meet
equivalent standards as the vehicles qualifying for a German “H” or red “07” licence plate. As a prerequisite,
the vehicles must be at least 30 years old. And they have to be well-preserved. Inappropriate
conversions will not be accepted – unless coeval modifications.
The international FIVA Identity Card (Fédération Internationale des Véhicules Anciens) is further evidence
for a foreign-registered car qualifying as a historic vehicle. The FIVA Identity Card can be obtained
from the national FIVA clubs. For further information, please visit www.fiva.org.
When parking their historic vehicles in a low-emission zone, the owners should visibly display on the
inside of the windscreen a copy of the national vehicle registration certificate indicating the vehicle’s
age, and, if applicable, the FIVA Identity Card.

Only 25.5 years to go for my S60 :)

Thanks, and only 8 years to go for my 780.....