Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   stuttering / slight hesitation at low speeds (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=328067)

mahonyart Oct 4th, 2022 16:50

stuttering / slight hesitation at low speeds

xc60 2012 D3/D4 2.0

Hi,

Im having issues with my xc60 stuttering occasionally, usually at low speeds or when pulling away from a junction.
Its like the engine hesitates slightly before pulling again.

ive plugged in my OBD2 reader and its coming back with these codes:

P2293
Fuel pressure regulator 2 - performance problem

P02E1
Intake air flap control actuator - performance problem

P0611
Fuel injector control module - performance problem

Could this just be one fault causing it to throw up the other codes? and can any one point me in the right direction of what I should be looking at fixing/replacing.

cheers.

Simmy Oct 4th, 2022 17:23

you need vida to help you narrow down the cause what happens if you erase the codes can your code reader read live data? to monitor components?

mahonyart Oct 4th, 2022 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simmy (Post 2848717)
you need vida to help you narrow down the cause what happens if you erase the codes can your code reader read live data? to monitor components?

Ive erased the codes a few times but they come back after driving 10 miles or so...yes my code reader can read live data, what should I be looking for? cheers

SnineT Oct 4th, 2022 18:26

It probably is one causing the three, I'd start with a throttle body clean because if that's sticky it's going to throw anything fuel delivery wise right out of sync.

mahonyart Oct 4th, 2022 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnineT (Post 2848731)
It probably is one causing the three, I'd start with a throttle body clean because if that's sticky it's going to throw anything fuel delivery wise right out of sync.

ok thanks, is this something that easy to do myself?

Lancee Oct 4th, 2022 19:09

Fuel filter ?

But I guess you would have an issue at higher speeds ?

Simmy Oct 4th, 2022 20:27

fuel pressure. egr activation injectors. boost pressure/ air flow. clean both air inlet sensors check air filter

mahonyart Oct 5th, 2022 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simmy (Post 2848763)
fuel pressure. egr activation injectors. boost pressure/ air flow. clean both air inlet sensors check air filter

Ive changed the TMAP sensor in the intercooler pipe as that was throwing up a code and has helped with the stuttering quite a lot...for the sake of £40 I may just change the other map sensor as well just to rule that out

SnineT Oct 5th, 2022 09:46

There's another possibility, fuel has changed since your car hit the road first time, sometimes this can cause pre-ignition and chuck all the ecu variables out.

I might be able to suggest you another no cost "fix" undo the negative battery lead overnight, this should make the ecu clear and start learning again.

mahonyart Oct 5th, 2022 09:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnineT (Post 2848831)
There's another possibility, fuel has changed since your car hit the road first time, sometimes this can cause pre-ignition and chuck all the ecu variables out.

I might be able to suggest you another no cost "fix" undo the negative battery lead overnight, this should make the ecu clear and start learning again.

will give it a go, thanks