Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Sat Nav gone (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=339546)

Whyman Apr 20th, 2024 18:39

Sat Nav gone

Driving to Bridlington the Sat Nav suddenly went off piste and is now showing the car in the middle of nowhere.

I have rather optimistically disconnected the battery for a few minutes with no change.

Everything else works fine.

I have wrecked the system data and it shows no satellites and no height above sea level so I suspect the aerial has failed?

Does anyone have any similar experience sand mor importantly how easy is it to check the aerial replace it if it is faulty and any idea of cost?

Thanking you in advance for your replies.

thebronze Apr 20th, 2024 19:32

I had this a couple of summers ago. It self corrected and came back in 48 hours and has plotted the car normally ever since. Funnily enough I was over Bridlington way when it happened. Interference from something?

QUOTE=Whyman;2946406]Driving to Bridlington the Sat Nav suddenly went off piste and is now showing the car in the middle of nowhere.

I have rather optimistically disconnected the battery for a few minutes with no change.

I have wrecked the system data and it shows no satellites and no height above sea level so I suspect the aerial has failed?

Does anyone have any similar experience sand mor importantly how easy is it to check the aerial replace it if it is faulty and any idea of cost?

Thanking you in advance for your replies.[/QUOTE]

Whyman Apr 20th, 2024 20:14

Thanks for the reply. We are staying just outside Brid until Wednesday Sco hopefully it will sort itself out when we return home.

Strange coincidence or what!

Whyman Apr 25th, 2024 09:40

The saga goes on. We went to Bempton Cliffs on Tuesday and on the way back to the site the Sat Nav came back to life.

It worked all the way home until we passed Clumber Park when it went off again. Zero satellites seen and is still off.

Either a problem with the aerial or a connection somewhere.

Does anyone know where the aerial plugs into the screen?

Sysyphus Apr 26th, 2024 01:08

GPS antenna plugs into the head unit… dark blue socket bottom right

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/pictu...ictureid=12214

DangerousDel Apr 26th, 2024 08:22

My 2015 V60 did this last year and I was quoted a small fortune to put into the local dealer just for diagnostics, then it miraculously fixed itself and has been fine for almost a year, then this morning it did the same again.. it thinks its about 5 miles away and going in the wrong direction.

Clan Apr 26th, 2024 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whyman (Post 2946406)
Driving to Bridlington the Sat Nav suddenly went off piste and is now showing the car in the middle of nowhere.

Thanking you in advance for your replies.

There was a faulty batch of roof fin aerials around 2013-15 which caused this problem on some volvos . not a lot just the odd car... you can get a new circuit board inside the fin don't forget the adhesive gasket around the edge... heat up the fin to soften the adhesive to get it off. you will probably have to lower the rear of the headlining to get the plugs off.

Whyman Apr 26th, 2024 16:30

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I have a job for the weekend to add to my list.

At this stage with the car if I can’t fix it easily I might not want to spend loads at my dealers and start using Google maps on my phone.

DangerousDel May 13th, 2024 12:51

Mine's gone awol again ! Grrr !!!!!
It thinks I'm 5 miles away and going in the opposite direction.
Is this the Russians interfering with the signals again???????????
Think I'll be buying a holder for my phone.
:angry_smile::angry_smile::angry_smile:

Japster May 13th, 2024 13:10

Could it be the solar storms of late?