Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Volvo ID activation not working (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=339006)

Yelper85 Mar 26th, 2024 19:42

Volvo ID activation not working

Anybody had issues with activating their Volvo ID in the car?

I enter my email, get the email, click the link and login, but that's it, nothing happens, no other messages are shown, nothing. It's doing the same thing for our 2020 XC60 and 2015 V60 which would make me think it's something on the actual Volvo ID side and not the cars.

Any ideas?

denzo Mar 29th, 2024 18:05

I am having the exact same issue - I have volvo cars app working fine but cannot log into the Car Volvo App in my V90

Yelper85 Mar 31st, 2024 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by denzo (Post 2942982)
I am having the exact same issue - I have volvo cars app working fine but cannot log into the Car Volvo App in my V90

I'll email Volvo customer service and see if they can resolve the issue. I'll keep you posted 👍🏻

denzo Apr 2nd, 2024 21:37

I had 45 mins on volvo customer care WhatsApp yesterday, resulting in them escalating and raising a ticket for technical to review.
I cannot log into Volvo ID on my car, it says … almost connected, but get this - Volvo On Call and SOS function works and the app on my iPhone works, just the car cannot seem to log my into the App.
Will keep posting until I get a solution

MikeGMT Apr 2nd, 2024 23:47

I've had my car a few years and it's something I have never used. Reading this thread and out of curiosity I tried connecting via the Sensus car app; with the same result, nothing. I have all the systems working, a Volvo ID, On Call and SOS. I get the feeling that the onboard VOC app is just for setting up the system when registering the car and thats all it does?

Yelper85 Apr 3rd, 2024 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by denzo (Post 2943681)
I had 45 mins on volvo customer care WhatsApp yesterday, resulting in them escalating and raising a ticket for technical to review.
I cannot log into Volvo ID on my car, it says … almost connected, but get this - Volvo On Call and SOS function works and the app on my iPhone works, just the car cannot seem to log my into the App.
Will keep posting until I get a solution

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeGMT (Post 2943703)
I've had my car a few years and it's something I have never used. Reading this thread and out of curiosity I tried connecting via the Sensus car app; with the same result, nothing. I have all the systems working, a Volvo ID, On Call and SOS. I get the feeling that the onboard VOC app is just for setting up the system when registering the car and thats all it does?

Hi @denzo,

I also spent a good hour on WhatsApp yesterday to Volvo Customer Care, and just like you they have escalated the case to technical. Apparently there's multiple reports of this issue.

Also like you, I get the same message but the functions all work. They wanted me to get all Volvo Cars app users to log out then try again in case this was causing the issue, but in theory the app has nothing to do with the issue as you login to the app with your Volvo ID but you can have multiple users with the same car in their app, yet the car is only tied to one specific Volvo ID.

Hi @MikeGMT

No the onboard VOC should definitely tie it to any user Volvo ID, not just for car registration, and it worked when we originally got the car. Indeed I used to be able to see the list of cars tied to my Volvo ID but that's also disappeared.

We had a Sensus console module change so basically it reset the car settings and everything Sensus related back to default even though they said it hadn't and apparently it could have been exported/imported to the new module. This module change also reset the Volvo ID and maps etc which has thrown the car into a meltdown.

denzo Apr 3rd, 2024 20:04

I think the issue is with the online Volvo ID, the place we log into when we receive the email (from the car sensus login) there are no vehicles listed under “My Resources” and this is why the car Sensus Volvo ID can’t seem to associate with the online VolvoID login screen.
The mobile app must be a different configuration. Interesting that others are seeing the same problem.

Fingers crossed they link the tickets and resolve!

Yelper85 Apr 4th, 2024 07:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by denzo (Post 2943804)
I think the issue is with the online Volvo ID, the place we log into when we receive the email (from the car sensus login) there are no vehicles listed under “My Resources” and this is why the car Sensus Volvo ID can’t seem to associate with the online VolvoID login screen.
The mobile app must be a different configuration. Interesting that others are seeing the same problem.

Fingers crossed they link the tickets and resolve!

Yeah let's hope! I'll keep you posted 👍🏻

Franko1960 Apr 4th, 2024 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yelper85 (Post 2943841)
Yeah let's hope! I'll keep you posted 👍🏻

Same thing is happening to me
It is a Sensus issue or are AAOS cars having the same problem?

Yelper85 Apr 4th, 2024 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franko1960 (Post 2943863)
Same thing is happening to me
It is a Sensus issue or are AAOS cars having the same problem?

That's a good question. In theory it's OS independent, so any car, and that tallies with what I'm experiencing (to some degree, 2015 V60 Sensus vs 2020 XC60 Sensus), but it would be 'good' if somebody with AAOS could validate that assumption.