Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Looking For a P2 XC70 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=323600)

daveystoat Feb 15th, 2022 16:04

Looking For a P2 XC70

Very shortly, I will be looking for a 2006-2007 P2 XC70 at sensible money. I am looking for one with parking sensors, without the RTI (it's annoying and I will be replacing the radio/CD player with an Android unit in any case), and preferable, though not absolute deal breakers are for it to be non Four-C (because of the big bill potential), manual rather than automatic, and the light leather interior is preferable to the black leather one.

Obviously, it being in good condition with a long MOT, plus a good service/maintenance history would be great, as would evidence of a recent cambelt change, no messages on the dashboard and a reasonable mileage.

In an ideal world, as close as possible to Gloucester, or failing that easy to get to from there.

What's out there?

SIAMBLUE Aug 7th, 2022 18:44

Very good luck.

Simmy Aug 8th, 2022 19:11

i think you missed out a pot of gold and a full tank of fuel on your wish list .ha ha. good luck with your search. hope you find what your looking for. it may be out there. keep us posted .

daveystoat Aug 15th, 2022 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simmy (Post 2838786)
i think you missed out a pot of gold and a full tank of fuel on your wish list .ha ha. good luck with your search. hope you find what your looking for. it may be out there. keep us posted .

Haha

I did actually find one that ticked most of the boxes back in April, it didn't have parking sensors and the interior was black, but they weren't deal breakers and the car was the right price.

Simmy Aug 15th, 2022 11:42

should have bought it. most folk like the black interior so would have been an easy sell and reto fitted parking sensors good luck and keep searching .

daveystoat Aug 15th, 2022 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simmy (Post 2840008)
should have bought it. most folk like the black interior so would have been an easy sell and reto fitted parking sensors good luck and keep searching .

Maybe my answer wasn't clear, I did buy it. It's lovely, apart from assorted clutch troubles (complete replacement of everything, two months later the master cylinder broke, the inlet pipe completely sheared off for no obvious reason)

Simmy Aug 16th, 2022 19:49

thats cars for you one problem follows another but we all love em. even some new cars have niggles and problems. keep fixing and end up with a realy great car that will last.

daveystoat Sep 1st, 2022 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simmy (Post 2840255)
thats cars for you one problem follows another but we all love em. even some new cars have niggles and problems. keep fixing and end up with a realy great car that will last.

Oh yes, I intend keeping it a while. It's big, comfy, quick enough, acceptably economical, versatile, and in good mechanical order (one or two small jobs needed). I love it!