Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Apologies (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=315915)

68jackh Apr 9th, 2021 14:01

Apologies

I must apologise for my rant on another post in this folder.
I got carried away and used language and content that was unnecessary.
I stand by what i said but it detracted from the thread.
I do think that the people who i responded to need to use another platform for their political ideology and there are plenty out there for them to use.
Once again apologies.
Jack

XC90Mk1 Apr 9th, 2021 14:59

I saw what you put, disagree with it and don’t think you come across well. However I don’t think that people should need to come on line and apologise for saying what they feel?

Maybe this says something about me and the mildly forthright opinions I have but provided no laws are broken and no ones personal details etc are given out then I don’t fee people should be too quick to embrace wokedom.

Of course this is the VOC admins train set and they may see differently but I have found everyone on here very decent and understanding.

andy_d Apr 9th, 2021 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68jackh (Post 2727216)
I must apologise for my rant on another post in this folder.
I got carried away and used language and content that was unnecessary.
I stand by what i said but it detracted from the thread.
I do think that the people who i responded to need to use another platform for their political ideology and there are plenty out there for them to use.
Once again apologies.
Jack

i think you need to **** off with your pathetic attempt to keep membership here following your outbursts of slander

68jackh Apr 9th, 2021 15:47

Andy membership is not important to me but clearly one day we can meet and have a discussion without you hiding behind your pathetic attempts at nationalisation and trying to justify it with i served my country as i have and still do.
You're clearly a child of little intelligence or self opinion and just follow what you think is normal and the right thing at this time.
I think having to use crude language is very base but what do we expect from children.

foggyjames Apr 9th, 2021 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_d (Post 2727241)
i think you need to **** off

It appears that my colleague has disagreed with you, and you now have a week to contemplate your conduct on the forum. It's not exactly the first time your posts have been reported, so I suggest contemplating good and hard, or consider taking your own advice.

Jack - I think you were a little the wrong side of the line there in terms of tone, etc, so I think the apology is well received (but at the same time not necessary, and I wouldn't want people to feel they need to make a habit of it).

I'm closing this up - I think it has served its purpose.

cheers

James